Summer 2019 Edition
HAVE A WONDERFUL SUMMER BREAK!
Thank you to all parents and families for a wonderful school year! We could not provide our events and school support without your continued support! We look forward to seeing you next year at our Back to School Picnic on August 9th at 6pm.
SAVE YOURSELF SOME TIME AND ORDER YOUR SCHOOL SUPPLIES ONLINE! This is a great way to take care of all your school supplies for next year and save yourself the stress of shopping around. Everything your student will need is included in the packet EXCEPT your child's backpack. How easy is this! Order deadline is June 16th.
Enter school code: ACT008
SUMMER SERVINGS INFORMATION
Congratulations Mrs. Baker!
Hello Acton Families!
I would like to express my sincere gratitude for allowing me to work with your children over the past three years. It has been my pleasure to enhance each child by developing a love of learning and an I can do attitude. Over the past 10 years here in Franklin Township, I have worked with many children but the children of Acton are special. I have learned from them and they hold a special place in my heart. This year I announced my retirement. My husband and I are going to travel and see the world. When I am in town I will be visiting Acton and check in and see just how each child is thriving. May your summer be as amazing as my journey here at Acton has been.
This is not goodbye but see ya later!
If you have a student new to the township, please follow the steps to begin registration!
1. Determine which school your student will attend by following the link to our School Boundary Map. Alternatively, you can enter your address and grade level on the School/Transportation Search page to find your school.
2. Gather the following documents:
- 1 proof of residency (Utility bill, lease agreement, etc.)
- Student’s birth certificate (Student needs to be at least five (5) years old by September 1st)
- Immunization records
- Photo ID
3. Complete the online registration form:
- If you are NEW to Franklin Township Schools, complete the form here.
- If you have a student currently enrolled, please log into your Infinite Campus Parent portal account and follow the Online Registration link to register your NEW student. If you need your Infinite Campus Parent portal login information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- If you are unable to complete the online form, you may visit your elementary school to complete registration at one of our computer kiosks.
4. Bring your documents to your elementary school for processing.
2019-2020 School Calendar
Good Morning FTCSC parents and guardians! With just 7 more wakeups left for this school year, I wanted to remind you of some important items for next school year. We are going to have all new routing software and any alternate transportation or variant schedules WILL NOT transfer into the new software. Please make sure to fill out a new alternate stop form at www.ftcsc.org/transportation, or contact transportation for a variant schedule form, and it needs to be in by July 25th to be guaranted by the first day of school!
Please keep an eye out for information on how to check for your students bus information, and we will also have drivers available at the ice cream socials with bus information!
Have a great summer!
317-862-2314 or email@example.com
30 Back to School Night
31 Professional Day for Teachers
1 First student day
8 PTO Meeting
9 Acton Family Cookout
2 Labor Day
4 Midterm grades post
5 PTO Meeting
2-3 Parent Teacher Conferences
4 End of Quarter
7-18 Fall Break
21 Students return
7 PTO Meeting
13 Midterm grades post
27-29 Thanksgiving break
5 PTO meetings
20 End of semester
23-1/6/19 Winter Break
Wanamaker Early Learning Center
Library Summer Reading Program
Click the link for details of this year's program, along with numerous free art, theater, cooking, stem and animal workshops that will be offered at Franklin Road, Central Library and all of our other branches throughout the summer!
Parents, you might also enjoy checking out the Library's "For Parents" blog. It includes information about upcoming programs, as well as curated reading lists.
BACKGROUND CHECK INFORMATION
If you plan to volunteer next year please follow these instructions to get your background check started
The following volunteers will need a criminal history check:
1. Any person who will be working with students for extended periods of time – either consecutive hours or on a regular schedule.
2. Any person who will be in a position to supervise students – this includes but not limited to field trips (at all levels, including band and choir trips) or taking a group of students out of a classroom for remediation work.
3. Any person who will be alone with a student.
*NOTE: VOLUNTEER BACKGROUND CHECKS ARE NO LONGER FREE OF CHARGE. THE FEE IS APPROXIMATELY $16.00 PER VOLUNTEER. If you wish to proceed, please follow the instructions and click on link below.
• Please select VOLUNTEER for "Position"
• Make sure your name is spelled correctly
• Please complete the entire form, all fields with *are required
• Please select the school or schools for which you request to volunteer
• Select I Agree and then Submit
All schools have access to the volunteer data base and can verify a clear background check. If there is an issue with the background check that will affect the ability to volunteer, that volunteer will be notified. This comprehensive background check will be active for two years. You will receive an email notification once the background check is clear. You will also be notified when it is about to expire.