Class of 2022
An e-newsletter from Mounds View High School
SENIOR PORTRAIT SECTION OF THE YEARBOOK
Before we know it, the Class of 2022 will be taking their senior photos for the yearbook. There are many options, so we want to be certain to notify you of the requirements for the 2022 yearbook photo.
To streamline the process, the yearbook staff recommends using David Bank Studios for the yearbook portrait. Using their services for your student’s yearbook photo allows for uniform color, contrast, background treatment, and cropping in the yearbook. This also helps us include as many seniors as possible, even those who are not purchasing senior portraits. In addition to providing free, professional yearbook portraits for all seniors, David Bank Studios provides group photos and action shots for our sports teams, activities, and clubs.
In selecting David Bank Studios as your yearbook portrait photographer, you are under no obligation to purchase senior portraits. It simply eases the process of your photo being included in the yearbook. Several photos are taken, and the best photo is shared with the yearbook staff at no cost. David Bank Studios submits all photos together, which helps the yearbook staff organize this large project. This also reduces the chance of unintentional portrait errors or omissions.
Options for Yearbook Senior Portraits:
David Bank Studios will be on campus during lunches on Thursday (10/7) and Thursday (11/11) for a free yearbook session. They will take 2-3 poses. The studio chooses the best photo and submits it to the yearbook staff.
Book an appointment at David Bank Studios for your student’s yearbook photo, and additional senior portraits. They offer quality photos, competitive pricing, and dependable service. When you have a photo taken at the studio, you can select the photo that is submitted to the school by the deadline.
Submit your own photo, via email, in .jpg format to email@example.com by Wednesday (10/20). All submitted photos are subject to editorial approval. This photo must meet these requirements:
- Full Color
- In-Studio lighting: NO OUTDOOR PHOTOS
- Background: Neutral color (gray, tan), blended studio canvas backdrop (no white, black, or bright backgrounds)
- Head and shoulder shot only, Medium Shot - Vertical
- NO ARMS/HANDS
- FULL headshot, no tight crops
- Eyes/face: Facing forward
- Suggested Attire: Business casual (no strapless tops, as the photo does not crop well); NO props (hats, logo/writing on t-shirts, equipment, weapons, face paint, etc.)
- Photo submission: Digital format (.jpg files), dpi: 300 or greater
- File name: Student’s legal last name & legal first name (ex. Johnson_Benjamin.jpg)
- Delivery: Email by Wednesday (10/20) to firstname.lastname@example.org (student name in subject line)
Due to production deadlines, your senior photo must be taken / submitted by Thursday (11/11), or you will not be included in the 2022 yearbook.
Yearbook Senior Editors