Volume 2, Issue 5 September 28-October 2
Important this Week!
- Did you see the Super Moon and the Eclipse? Awesome!
- Second 6 weeks begins
- All Goal Setting Conferences must be completed this week
- ILT Meeting Monday after school
- BHS Homecoming Parade is Monday evening!
- DI Parent Meeting Monday evening
- Skating 101 begins Tuesday. Woohoo!
- Deubler out
- Jeanie meeting @ central admin 11:30-1:30
- Enjoy your afternoon!
- Jana out/CPI
- Report cards go out Thursday
- Kindergarten and 1st grade Report Card Training Thursday after school at Taylor
- PBIS training/new team members-Thursday, October 1st
- PTO meeting Thursday at 7 pm in the library
- Friday-BHS Homecoming Game
- National Custodian Day!
- Deubler out
Hugs! Honoring those that Soar!
- Thank you, Stacie Kearns, for offering to add kindergarten photos and video into the Kindergarten Curriculum Night Powerpoint! From Cindy
- Thank you to Mrs. Alford for filling in for Mrs. Toomer in choir! From Shannon
- Please put a shout out to Mrs. Nivens for attending a Saturday baseball game for Vance and Carter Davault. Talk about going above and beyond! From Kim V
- Thank you, teams, for adding your collective commitments to you planning. You are a dedicated staff.
- Thank you for sharing your time in PLC last Wednesday. I know some of us will need to reschedule, but I loved meeting with you and your excitement is catching!
Our classrooms should have meaningful and student friendly learning targets posted. We must constantly refer to them in our lessons so our students know and understand what they are learning. Our lessons must be rich with critical questions, reading, writing, and defending. I love walking into classrooms and seeing this in action. You are amazing.
I want to share with you what we, as principals and central administrators, have worked on for quite some time. Below you will see the collaborative efforts and agreements of all involved. We debated, we laughed, we worked long hours, and we have all signed our names to this document. As you review this document, think about our meetings over the last year and the vision we have set for ourselves. Do you see your reflection in this document? Do you see your forward thinking and the investment you have made in placing your efforts on the learning instead of teaching? I hope you see your influence in the great things to come. Jeanie
Campus Leadership Team Collective Commitments
All core area/general ed. teachers will meet at least once per week in a Professional Learning Community (PLC).
Every PLC will be built upon the 4 critical questions.
Once per semester, there will be an opportunity to meet vertically.
There will be an opportunity at least once a six weeks for all electives and singleton classes to meet.
Opportunities for collaboration will be provided every day.
All lessons will be framed around an essential/driving question with a clearly articulated Learning Target.
All students will be engaged in all four content areas of instruction every day.
All English/language arts classes will engage in reading and writing instruction every day.
Classroom instruction will be characterized by rigorous/challenging material and high-level questions.
Assessing for Learning (AFL) strategies will be evident in every classroom on a daily basis.
Authentic Literacy will be evident in every classroom on a daily basis.
We will provide positive behavior interventions that will increase opportunities for students to remain in the classroom.
All campuses will administer and, through PLCs, review, analyze, and respond to campus common assessments.
All campuses will administer and, through PLCs, review, analyze, and respond to district, state, and nationally-developed assessments.
All campus administrators will visit and provide meaningful feedback to at least 5 teachers each week.
Campus administrators will coach, model, and provide clear, transparent expectations for teachers, classroom instruction, and PLCs.
A campus administrator will monitor and attend a meeting of each PLC at least once per month.
Common assessments will be administered frequently in all core subject areas.
Campus administrators will build teacher capacity through training, resources and a clear understanding of PLC by maintaining a monthly PLC focus.
Professional development will be provided for teachers in Authentic Literacy, AFL, PLC, AVID, WICOR, and Empowering Writers.
District-provided resources will be used.
GoMath will be used with fidelity in middle school math classrooms.
Empowering Writers will be used with fidelity in middle school ELA classrooms.
Professional development will be provided for teachers in Authentic Literacy, AFL, PLC, Empowering Writers and Shared Inquiry practices.
GoMath will be evident in all elementary classrooms on a daily basis.
Empowering Writers will be used with fidelity in all elementary classrooms.
Saxon Phonics will be evident in all k-1 elementary classroom on a daily basis.
Social Studies Weekly will be evident in all elementary classrooms on a weekly basis.
All Best Kits lab resources will be utilized by students in all elementary classrooms.