What's Happening in PBS?
Week of 3/9-3/13
Welcome to another week of PBS! For this week we are continuing on studying the heart though lots of labs! Monday we will be working through the EKG lab with a the help of a few nurses from Centerpoint Medical Center! Then on Tuesday we will cover heart rate and Wednesday we will do blood pressure. We will finish up blood pressure on Thursday and start their experimental design lab where the kids get to come up with a factor to test its effect on a patients EKG, heart rate or blood pressure. We will run the lab and write the lab report over the next few days in class.
As for HOSA this week...
- After school Monthly meeting on Wednesday
- Before school monthly meeting during collaboration on Thursday
- Guest Speaker (ER Doctor) on Friday during collaboration
- All permission forms/applications/money are due on Friday. The specific students got their forms last week they might be for....
B. State Competition Permission Form
C. Virtual Hospital Field Trip Application to attend
- I've also sent out a few PD opportunities this week via the text alerts...see the links below for more information.
B. KC Care Free Healthcare Volunteer Event: https://www.smore.com/e0v8f
- Don't forget we have the google doc filled with all HOSA information/links coming up: http://bit.ly/1BjpKa7
As always, let me know if you have any questions or concerns.