Between the Lions
The Wright Junior High Weekly Newsletter
WELCOME TO WRIGHT JUNIOR HIGH!
Our Wright JH Admin Team
Sherryl Anthony - Assistant Principal - Alpha A-L firstname.lastname@example.org 832-223-6010
Shane Ameen- Assistant Principal - Alpha M-Z email@example.com 832-223-6012
Tiffany Hoelzel - Assistant Principal - 6th Grade firstname.lastname@example.org 832-223-6009
WEEK OF AUGUST 23-27
WHAT TO EXPECT ON THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL
We are excited to see you!!!
- Front doors will open at 7:30am. First bell rings at 8:15am
- When students arrive on campus, they will go to the Gym.
- Parents may bring their students into the school. Parents are not permitted past the foyer. We encourage student independence right away. We have a large number of staff to help ensure that your student gets to the correct location.
- Students will pick up their schedules from the Gym. Schedules have changed since orientation and may continue to change into the evening. Printed schedules from home may not be up to date.
- Students will remain in the Gym, until they are released to go to their first class.
- REMINDER: We are a cell phone free campus. Please leave devices at home or powered off in student backpacks.
If you haven't already, please complete the following:
- Beginning of Year forms (available in Skyward only)
- For Major Sports students - complete your Rank One profile & turn in your physical to a Major Sports coach.
- All Incoming 6th & 7th Graders - Turn in your updated immunization records.
NEED A SCHEDULE CHANGE?
All schedule change request forms are due by Friday, August 27th by 3:40pm.
Please keep in mind that requests are not guarantees. We will do our best to accommodate all students based on availability.
- School Hours: 8:15am to 3:40pm.
- For those who require early arrival, the building opens at 7:30am.
- You may enter via the main front door and proceed to the cafeteria or gyms
- Transportation: If your student will be using district transportation, please visit the LCISD Find My Bus page to get detailed route information. https://www.lcisd.org/students-parents/find-my-bus-school
- Lunches from Home: For those students bringing a lunch from home, please be aware that, per district sanitation guidelines, microwaves will not be available for student use.
- Lunch Deliveries: Wright does not accept 3rd party lunch delivers for students. No DoorDash, UberEats. GrubHub or any other type of pizza or food delivery. Only family members can deliver lunch to their student. Lunches are left at the front office with the student's name and grade. Please do not deliver fountain drinks, bottled drinks only.
WRIGHT & RANDLE CAR & BUS DROP OFF & PICK UP ROUTES
WRIGHT JUNIOR HIGH FOOTBALL
Football practices will begin Monday, August 30th (2nd week of school).
PE UNIFORMS - BOYS PE & GIRLS PE
Wright JH Bell Schedule
August 23 - First Day of School!
August 23-27 - Football Equipment Pick Up
August 24 - Happy Birthday Coach Bruck & Coach Williams!
August 25 - Volleyball Tryouts Begin
August 28 - Happy Birthday Coach Frenzel!
August 30 - Football Practice Begins
September 6 - Student/Staff Holiday
September 14 - 1st Six Week Progress Report Distribution
September 24 - Student/Staff Holiday
October 1 - End of 1st Six Weeks
HOW TO CONNECT AND STAY IN TOUCH WITH WHAT IS HAPPENING AT WRIGHT
- Wright JH sends weekly newsletters in a Skylert blast (email listed in your Skyward account).
- Monitor our Facebook page for daily updates.