Livonia PTSA Council Courier
News for December 15, 2014
Patriot Inn Holiday Buffet
Thank you to our 25 PTAs and PTSAs!
HAVE YOU HEARD - 2015 IS THE YEAR OF THE PTA DAD IN LIVONIA
Let's have a Chili Cook Off to celebrate!
Winning Dad(s) could take home a Dad’s prize package, a $500 Library grant (from The Livonia Kiwanis Early Risers) for their favorite Livonia Public School, and bragging rights for 365 days.
Potential Entries: All entrants MUST be male and current PTA members (if you’re not in a PTA yet, it’s really easy and inexpensive to join one NOW). Entry fee is $10 per chili (to be brought to the event in a crockpot, ready to eat).
Contact Robb Drzewicki for more information
1st Annual Livonia PTSA Council Chili Cook-Off Official Rules
1. The entrant must be a male PTA member in good standing. Being a literal father of a student is unnecessary. Uncles, grandpas, and family friends are welcome as long as they’re members.
2. The entrant must provide complete application before January 5th 2015 including $10 entry fee.
3. The entrant must represent ONLY one PTA. If a parent is a member at more than one school, they must choose which school they are representing for the day’s event.
4. The entrant must be present no later than 11 a.m. on the day of the event with precooked chili and a smokeless warming device (i.e. crockpot). NO cooking can occur at the event space.
1. The school represented by the 1st Place “Dad” will receive a $500 library grant to be funded by the Livonia PTSA Council in conjunction with The Livonia Kiwanis Club.
2. The 1st Place “Dad” will receive a “Dadcentric” prize package to be unveiled at the event.
3. Other prizes may or may not be offered up including: People’s Champion, Spiciest Chili, Honorable Mention, Least Chili-Like Chili, or Best-Dressed Crock Pot.
1. Three judges will taste each chili and score based on the official rubric (1-10 in the categories of Look, Smell, Taste, and Heat).
2. Highest score (aggregate total of all three judges scores) will win.
3. Ties will be settled by Livonia PTSA Council back-up judges.
4. In the event of a “double tie” or no remaining chili to judge on, the prize will be awarded to the first entrant to register (sign-in) the morning of the event.
People’s Choice Award
1. Upon entry, each guest of the event will receive 1 ticket/token to place in the bucket of their favorite chili.
2. The entrant with the most tickets/tokens as of 3:00 will be considered “The People’s Champion”.
The Clothing Depot is located at 33901 Curtis in Livonia.
Hours are 9 - 12 Tuesday and Thursday by appointment.
Call 734-744-2525 x 25128 for more information or to schedule an appointment.
Cookies with the Patriot Inn
Founders Day Information!
Who - all PTA members
What - Founders Day 2015
Where - Schoolcraft College, VisTaTech Center
When - Wednesday February 11, 2015 Doors open at 5:00, Dinner at 6:00
Cost - $25 person
29 Founders Day Meeting, 6:30 pm Claddagh Irish Pub, Haggerty between Six and Seven Mile Roads
8 Council Reflections Ceremony 6:30 pm Stevenson High School
10 Council 1st Annual Chili Cook off 11:30 am - 4:00 pm, Franklin High School
14 Awards Workshop 6:30 pm, Frost Middle School
24 Leader In Me Workshop, 9:00 am - 12:00 pm @ Cooper Upper Elementary School
The Livonia PTSA Council provides support and guidance to local PTA/PTSA units within the Livonia Public Schools District. Council promotes conferences, communications, leadership development and coordination of the efforts of the local units.