Country Hills Reopening Plan
Welcome Back Rising Stars!
DEAR PARENTS AND COMMUNITY MEMBERS
eLearning 2.0 Return to class Important Dates
October 9th- Grades K-2 and Special Programs return to Face to Face instruction
October 12th - Early Release Day Dismissal at 12:10 pm
October 13th- Grades 3-5 return to Face to Face instruction
October 14th- Early Release Day Dismissal at 12:10 pm
October 15th - Regular school day for all students 8:10 am - 2:10 pm
October 16th- Early Release Day Dismissal at 12:10 pm
October 19th- No School for Students- Teacher Planning Day
ARRIVAL AND DISMISSAL PROCEDURES
Parents of students in grades K-2, Special Programs (and older siblings), may begin dropping off students at CAR LOOP A (Coral Springs Drive) between 7:50 AM and 8:10 AM. Please pull up to one of the 4 labeled cones to drop students off. This will help to maintain physical distancing requirements. Parents must provide assistance to students needing help exiting the vehicle. Students may then proceed to the cafeteria to eat breakfast or go directly to their designated area listed below. Students will sit six feet apart on marked paw prints on the floor.
Parents of students in grades 3-5, may begin dropping off students at CAR LOOP B (Westview Dr) between 7:50 AM and 8:10 AM. Please pull up to one of the 4 labeled cones to drop students off. This will help to maintain physical distancing requirements. Students may then proceed to the cafeteria to eat breakfast or go directly to their designated area listed below. Students will sit six feet apart on marked paw prints on the floor.
5th Grade students will report to the Art Room.
4th Grade students will report to the Music Room.
K-3 Grade students will report to their Class Hallway.
For safety and security, parents will not be allowed to walk students to their classroom at this time. Please know that staff will be available at the car loops and front gate to assist with students getting to class. Breakfast will be offered in the cafe with a limited amount of seating.
We will also be using technology to enhance the effectiveness of dismissal via an application called CurbSmart. (more details to come)
Students will dismissed from their classrooms to their designated pick up area. Please be patient as it may take a few minutes for students to arrive at their cars. We will begin a staggered dismissal at 1:40 pm for Kindergarten and First grade students to help adapt to our new procedures and routines. Older siblings will be dismissed at the same time as their K & 1 siblings.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- At school, students must maintain physical distancing protocols, wear a face covering, and practice other scheduled hygiene routines to limit the spread of the illness to other students and teachers.
- Students will be reminded continuously to wash their hands, avoid touching their eyes, nose or face, and ensure their facial coverings are properly fitted to their face.
- Hallways will have signage directing movement protocols and floor paw prints to encourage social distancing.
- Please send your child with a face covering everyday and two spare masks in their backpack. We encourage you to label your child's masks accordingly.
- A visitor log will be maintained outside of each classroom door to monitor individuals who enter the room on any given day. This protocol will assist in contact tracing if necessary.
- All high touch areas and classrooms will be routinely sanitized.
Students at home will continue to turn off their cameras to have free play time.
Computers and Curriculum
- All students will receive the same curriculum, assignments and assessments.
- Primary resources for students include: Canvas, Clever Launchpad, and their specific Microsoft Teams membership.
- Students returning to eLearning at school will need to bring their computer device to and from school daily, along with, headphones and power cords. If you are in need of a device, please contact the school office.
- Please make sure your child's device is fully charged nightly and ready for school the next day.
The ESE team is excited and ready to welcome those students opting to return to school classrooms for instruction while continuing to provide high quality learning for students at home.The ESE staff is prepared to provide instruction, therapies and related services that need to be delivered to students, with modifications in place due to COVID-19. To ensure the safety of students and staff, services will be provided through the e-learning platform. The educational program for each student with a disability will continue to be governed by their particular Individual Education Plan. Any modifications to the delivery of the specified accommodations due to public health protocols will be reviewed by the IEP team which includes you, the parent. Students in Special Programs classes will be expected to wear face coverings. Additionally, the District has developed protocols for staff under COVID-19 conditions. This includes the establishment of a common threshold for removal of students from being allowed to be physically present and subsequent assignment to home-based eLearning when student behavior(s) outside of the identified disability put their own or other community member's health at risk. These cases associated with the disability will be referred to the IEP team for review.
AFTER SCHOOL CHILD CARE
- AfterCare will begin October 9th for those who registered and received an email acceptance notification.
- Once you register, you will receive an email within three business days from your program’s supervisor informing you if your child has been accepted into the program or placed on the waitlist.
- All communication will include your application number. Please make a note of it.
- If you are accepted, you will need to make your payment on the e-Store website.
- If your child is placed on a waitlist, and aftercare supervisor will contact you when space becomes available.
- Students may not enter the program mid-week.
- Parents may only pay through the eStore website.
- If you have any questions, please contact the school and speak with one of our program supervisors, Ms.Caldwell Dent or Ms. Cuadra at (754) 322-5988.
Visitors and Volunteers
Ms.Ortega and Ms.Wyche