Miss Diana's September Newsletter
Back to School and Having So Much Fun!
SPIRIT DAY/TUITION DUE: Aug. 31-Sep. 1
NO SCHOOL: Sept. 7 (Labor Day)
SCHOOL PICTURES: Sept. 17-18
- More details to come soon. If you want a picture taken by Lifetouch, you’ll drive your child to Crimson Point Clubhouse. Sibling and class pictures available.
NO PRESCHOOL: Sept. 24-25 (Babby Farms Field Trip; see schedule below)
- FALL CARNIVAL: @Schoolhouse Saturday, Oct. 17 from 10am-12pm
- NO SCHOOL: Oct. 22-23 (Parent Teacher Conferences)
- HALLOWEEN PARTIES IN CLASS: Oct. 29-30 (No costumes please)
UPCOMING FIELD TRIP: BABBY FARMS!
FIELD TRIP SCHEDULE:
- Sept. 24-25: No preschool either day because of field trip
- Sept. 25: AM/PM Classes Combine and meet us at 10:30 a.m.
FIELD TRIP OUTLINE:
- Meet us at Babby Farms (5900 El Paso Rd, Caldwell, ID 83607)
You can get up close and personal at this petting zoo with their 130 animals from kangaroos to camels to lemurs! It's WORTH the 45-min. drive! :) We'll be there for about 1.5 hours together; feel free to stay longer if you like!
- What to wear: Sunshine shirts!
- Who can come: Your whole family of course! It's FREE!
- How long it will last: About 1.5 hrs.
Scholastic Book Clubs Deadline: Sunday Sep. 6
This month, you'll get a FREE 2-SIDED READING POSTER with your order + a FREE "Chicka Chicka Boom Boom" book! And every time you place an order, your classroom gets a FREE book - thanks!
Off To A Stellar Start!
These classes are ready to get right down to the business of making friends, exploring, and learning together.
One of the first things we do is learn the schedule and routines of our classroom. CHECK. It didn't take long for these preschoolers, many of them Sunshine preschool veterans, to learn and follow the routine.
We will always be working on manners in my classroom. A gracious child is a beautiful thing and noticed in our society. When a preschooler is making a request I will often say, "What is that magic word that makes me want to help you?"
My main focus is please and thank you and using nice words to speak to each other. A respectful child generally thinks more highly of himself and others. It is worth the extra effort to model manners when speaking to preschoolers as well as helping them remember to use manners when speaking to others.
Just a reminder: Monday's are sharing day or Show and Tell. Please only bring one item.
Enjoy the pictures of our busy days!
Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your child's learning experiences and life.