Last Brief of OCTOBER!
"TO DO" REMINDERS:
- At Risk-Thank you Jeanine for going through all the forms. She will hand deliver those today! It should be a simple task for you if you have questions just ask her or me.
- Ashley Foreman-We are still taking donations until tomorrow. I didn't make it out there last weekend, but Ashley Debler's dad will deliver the cards we have this weekend.
- Halloween Luncheon-Next week! Yay!
- lean out your closets and donate what you can. Take to Mrs. Singleterry in Read Right.
- Down Syndrome Awareness-Don't forget to order a shirt. October is Down Syndrome Awareness Month.
Today is last day of my writing STAAR practice TLc.typing practice for 4th grade on line test takers will continue daily from 7:15 to 7:45 in room 117.
GOOD CHOICE MOVIE
I have an issue with “everyone do your own” idea. I have to APPROVE all movies shown in the classroom. I do not feel like approving 40 different movies. Also, there is a form in the library if you are showing something (even from Netflix) in your classroom that has to be completed and submitted. Do not do this last minute.
Please work as a grade level or at least a POD/S to agree on a movie, turn it in to be approved by me ASAP, and I will get it uploaded on Mediacast.
CHECK PARENT CALENDAR BELOW PLEASE
The 3rd annual Code-a-Thon is coming up! Get your students excited about coding with this 1-week contest from November 12-16. You could win a free year of coding curriculum for your school and a $500 gift card for a pizza party!
Register now: https://info.learning.com/us331/code-a-thon/register (closes Nov 5)
Individual teachers can sign up their class or school/district administrators can sign up multiple classrooms. If you would like your teachers to self-register, please send this email out to all Principals and Teachers 3-8.
STEM concepts inspired by GPS
Hands-on activities for students on STEM applications of global positional technology in satellites, orbital space clutter, energy grids, precision agriculture, global supply chains, aviation, weather forecasting, and conservation. There is no charge for activities. Additional information is available at https://www.gps.gov/students/.
Calendar October 25-November 1
25 Camouflage Attire
26 Hawaiian Attire
29 TLC Spreadsheet Due
30 Writing Benchmark
30 Book Study Online
30 Destrianna Buttler Baby Shower
31 Halloween (Halloween Luncheon)
31 Vision/Hearing Screening Begins