Mrs. Burrell's First Grade
September 28, 2015
This week we will look at words with short o as in hot and cob.
- We will summarize the stories we read.
- We will look at the main idea and details that support the main idea.
High Frequency Words (Sight Words):
- guide- means to lead or show someone how to do something
- protect- means to keep safe
- provide- means to give someone what they need
- separate- means to divide
- wild- not tamed or in its natural environment
- stop (challenge word)
- frog (challenge word)
We will continue working on chapter 2 in the math program. We are learning about subtraction. We will work on subtracting from 4 to 9.
- Tuesday, September 29 is the first grade vision screening
- Friday, October 9 is the 3rd Annual Sunset Color Run
- No School October 15-16
- Tuesday, October 20 is Make Up Picture Day