Here is our focus for the week:
Theme: Famous Americans
Language Arts- Beginning,Middle,End, Author's Message, Retelling the Story, Nonfiction Research
Writing--Beginning, Middle, End, Transition Words
Math- Addition and Subtraction Strategies
Science- Natural Resources, Sources of Water, Reduce,Reuse,Recycle
TILES- r-blends, double endings (ex: __ff, __ll, __ss, __zz), 'oo' in the middle of words
Spelling- er, ir, ur
Unit 3 Week 5 Spelling Words List A
Unit 3, Week 5 Spelling List B
*If your child received a 9/10 or 10/10 on the pre-test, he/she will take the challenge word test on Friday. Every learner will be taking one of the spelling tests each Friday. I sent home the correct list for your child in his/her take home folder today. You will not receive the pre-test home on Mondays anymore. I will send home both the pre-test and test on Friday.
I will be sending home the GoMath Volume 1 Math workbooks. These are good for extra practice and for those of you who have kiddos who are asking me for "homework" :)
If they finish the math workbook before the end of the school year and bring it to me, I will give them a special prize!
iStation at Home
- Scholastic Order will be going home! These will be due February 12th. Order online or turn form in to me.
- Assessment summary sheets were sent home in your child's folder. Please let me know if you have any questions!
- Valentine's bags/boxes will be made at school. Your child needs to bring his/her valentines to share with the class on Friday, the 12th.
- Val-o-grams will be sold for 25 cents each by the 5th grade for students to purchase!
- Library on Thursdays...don't forget your books! :)
February 10th- College Shirt Day
February 12th- Valentine's Parties
February 15th- Staff Development...No school for kiddos!
February 16th- Miss McGown absent for Math Educator Academy
February 17th- Walk to School Wednesday
February 22-26: Book Fair!
February 26th- Round-Up
Our class valentine’s party will be on Friday, February 12th. Every Friday one grade level at CCE has “personal learning community” time while the kids go to a second specials. That Friday happens to be first grade’s! Because of the conflict, our party will be at 12:40. It will end by 1:30 when the kids will go to P.E. Just wanted to let you know in case you planned to come! : )