Local News Update
- HIV stands for Human, Immunodeficiency, Virus.
- HIV attacks the t-cell which is a kind of white blood cell (boss of immune system)
- Blood, semen, breast milk, and vaginal fluids can transmit HIV.
- HIV can be transmitted through unprotected sex, sharing needles (drugs), breastfeeding, or just through birth.
Why Should You Get Tested?
1. You should get tested because, if you do have HIV, you can get a treatment that can help you live a healthier, life.
2. You should get tested because, if you don't have HIV, you can learn how to stay that way.
How Many People In The World Are Infected?
- More than 1.2 million people in the U.S are infected with HIV/Aids.
How Many People Are Unaware?
- About more than 200,000 people that have the virus, are unaware that they carry the virus.
How Many People Received Care?
- Only about 37% that have the virus, received actual care and medicines for their virus.
How Many People Died From The Virus?
An estimated 13,834 people with the virus, died in 2011.
How many people live with the infection without knowing?
# of people living with HIV.
What does HIV effect?
What HIV does to your body.
How many children live with HIV without knowing?
Kids get HIV too!