By: Ethan "The Lady Catcher" Carter
- 15th child of the Holy Roman Emperor Francis I and Queen Maria Theresa.
- Born Vienna, Austria, November 2nd, 1775.
- Dad died when she was 12, at Innsbruck, Austria.
- Mother was rarely with her or her siblings.
- Was archduchess of Austria.
- She was married by proxy to Louis XVI, who was prince of France.
- Actually married at the Compiégne, at which point she became the french dauphiness. (princess)
- Marie Antoinette grew up illiterate.
- Her tutor was more interested in keeping her mother satisfied then actually teaching Marie.
- Marie was made to memorize lines of Latin to impress foreigners, she had idea what she was saying.
- Her letters were childish and blocky well into womanhood.
- She would never read for pleasure until she was fully grown and beyond all other comforts.
- She taught that the most important thing in life was family, the second most important thing was country.
- Even after she moved to France she would barely learn.
- Saying that, she spoke perfect German and perfect French.
- She was a huge party girl in France. Party all night, sleep all day.
- Louis and Marie rarely saw each other. Each slept while the other was out and about.
- The two were not close.
- Louis XV, the current king of France, doted on her.
- She could barely read or write.
- All of France adored Marie Antoinette.
- Disliked court etiquette.
- Made a small palace her informal sanctuary, called Little Trianon.
- She spent roughly 2,000,000 dollars in total on Little Trianon.
- She held small formal dinners.
- She became the archon of fashion.
- She bought hairdos, jewelry, jewels, dresses and dresses lined with jewels.
- Marie and Louis became close.
- Marie had daughter.
- Mom died on November 29th, 1780.
- Had three more kids.
- Marie Antoinette never said let them eat cake.
- July 14th the French Revolution began with the Fall of the Batille.
- October 6th, 1789, the royal family was moved to Paris by an angry mob.
- The Royal Family is now imprisoned in a palace in Paris called Tuileries.
- June 20th the Family escaped and then was recaptured.
- January 20th, Louis XVI was sentenced to death.
- Louis said goodbye to his kids and to Marie, the pretty girl he met all those years ago, the woman he had come love and cherish.
- Louis left before saying goodbye, in his own gentle kindness he spared his family the agony of a final goodbye.
- On January 21st Louis XVI was executed.
- Marie Antoinette was tried for her "crimes."
- On October 16th, 1790, Marie Antoinette was executed.