December 2020 Newsletter
Changes to the face coverings
Per the updated order, TSD staff, students, and visitors are required to wear a face-covering indoors and outdoors. This is a change to the previous expectation due to the recently revised mask order. Also, per the strengthened masking order, “face covering” means covering of the nose and mouth with a material that is secured to the head with ties, straps, or loops over the ears or is wrapped around the lower face. This new order requires face shields be an alternative only as a medical/disability accommodation. This updated order strengthens the initial April 15 order with the following inclusions:
- Masks are required to be worn indoors and outdoors if you are away from your home.
- When outdoors, a mask must be worn if you are not able to remain physically distant (at least 6 feet away) from someone not in your household the entire time you are outdoors.
- When indoors while at work, masks will now be required even if you are physically distant from other individuals. This means that even if you are able to be 6 feet apart, you will need to wear a mask while inside unless you work alone.
- When indoors at home with individuals not in your household, masks will now be required even if you are physically distant from the individuals not in your household. This means that even if you are able to be 6 feet apart, you will need to wear a mask while inside if with people other than members of your household.
- This order applies to every indoor facility, including homes, retail establishments, gyms, doctors’ offices, public transportation, and anywhere food is prepared, packaged, or served.
- The mask order specifically carves out “face shields” from the working definition of “face coverings” and identifies them as “alternatives to face coverings” that can only be used as a medical/disability accommodation.
PA Travel Guideline Updated
- The Secretary of Health issued an order requiring anyone who visits from another state to have a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours prior to entering the commonwealth.
- If someone cannot get a test or chooses not to, they must quarantine for 14 days upon arrival in Pennsylvania.
- Pennsylvanians visiting other states are required to have a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours prior to their return to the commonwealth, or to quarantine for 14 days upon return to Pennsylvania. This does NOT apply to people who commute to and from another state for work or medical treatment.
- This order takes effect at 12:01 a.m. Friday, November 20.
The PTO elves have been very busy sneaking and peeking! We tiptoed around to gather thoughts from our Mercersburg Eagles staff Holiday Wish Lists. We have found this year our needs and desires are a bit different from in years past. The head elves have decorated our Giving Tree.
It is filled with virtual ornaments!
If you would like to provide a gift for a teacher or a support staff or both, please go to SignUp.com and select a spot
Once you have signed up for a slot, your child may purchase or make a donation in their selected staff members' honor. PTO suggests a $10 limit for each selected name. Your child may then drop the gift off @ the school office during the month of December or see the recipient gets it during in-person hours. Thank you for spreading the spirit of giving during this joyous Holiday Season!
- December 2nd
- December 9th
- December 16th
Christmas/ Winter Break
Wednesday, Dec. 23rd, 7am to Sunday, Jan. 3rd 2021 at 5pm
30 South Park Avenue
Notes to school
Include child's first AND LAST NAME on any notes sent from home.
Notes should be sent anytime you are planning to pick up your child for an early dismissal.
Notes for sending your child home on a different bus should be limited to emergency requests. If you need additional forms please contact the office.