By: Caitlin, Haley, Brooke, Natalie and Gabi
Advantages of Solar Energy
Solar energy is renewable because it comes from the sun. The sun never dies so, solar energy cannot go away.
2. Not bad to the environment
Solar energy is not bad for the environment because it does not cause pollution.
Solar planes are silent because there are no moving parts to it.
4. Works any place you put it
Solar energy works were ever you put it because it works with the sun. As you know the sun is around the world so you can use it were ever.
5. Technology is improving
Since technology is improving that means that solar panels will improve too.
Why Solar Energy Is Important
Solar energy is a very good alternative energy to use. It is very simple and can heat and give electricity to your home. Solar energy is using the energy of the sun which doesn’t run out. It is important to use solar energy because it is not a fossil fuel which means it is renewable and won’t run out. Oils and other fossil fuels pollute the earth, but the sun makes a better and cleaner environment.
Where You Can Find Solar Energy
Disadvantages of Solar Energy
Solar energy being expensive is debatable. In some cases it’s true but in most cases solar energy is cheaper than buying electricity from a power plant.
Solar energy is intermittent because at certain times during the year sunlight is limited. Also, no one can predict overcast days.
3. Energy Storage is Expensive
Energy storage batteries help stabilize solar energy but they are expensive.
4. Associated with Pollution
Processing solar panels can produce greenhouse gases.
* A Russian teacher drew some designs for sun sails nearly 1 hundred years ago.
* The earth receives more energy from the sun in a hour then the world uses in a year.
* In Sydney, Australia they have some boats that are powered by solar panels.
* The core of the sun is 25,000,000 ˚F.
* To collect solar power you can use solar panels, solar thermal systems, and photovoltaic technology.
* The sun helps your sun produce vitamin D
* Solar energy can power almost anything like cars,toasters, and cities
* solar energy DOESN'T only work on warm and sunny days although people think it only works on sunny days it has a "battery/storage" part that collects extra energy throughout the day.
How Solar Energy Works
There are six steps in the process of how solar energy works. First there are panels that are called Photovoltaic panels which turns the sun light into direct current which is enough electricity for the day. Second step is the panels would make electricity which then goes to alternating current electricity. Third step is after all that the energy powers your appliances. Fourth step is if you use too much power then you have it go backward and generates more power than you need right that minute. The fifth step is to remember you do still need Electricity Company if it’s a rainy day or just no sun out that day. The sixth step is getting a Power Guide Monitoring system to track if your solar panels are running smoothly. That’s all the steps of how solar energy works.