Eating Disorder Statistics
- 1 in 10 men and women with eating disorders receive treatment.
- Eating disorders have the highest mortality rate of any mental illness.
- Almost 50% of people with eating disorders meet the criteria for depression.
- Anorexia is the third most common chronic illness among adolescents.
- 95% of those with an eating disorder are between the ages of 12 and 25.
- An estimated 10-15% of those with Anorexia or Bulimia are male.
- 20% of those with anorexia will prematurely die from complications related to their disorder.
- Of those with Bulimia, only 6% will find treatment.
- 50% of teenage girls and 30% of teenage boys use unhealthy weight control behaviors such as skipping meals and fasting.
- Eating disorders are a daily struggle for 10 million females and 1 million males in the U.S.
The Following are Images Relating to Eating Disorders:
Supportive Website to Visit
The following link will take you to a website that can help you or others you know struggling with eating disorders. The link is: http://www.eatingdisorderhope.com/