Yellow Stone National Park
By: Jackson Waggoner
Yellowstone national park was the first park est 1872. This place has been around for thousands of years with may different cultures. The native Americans were here for a while but were then moved by the Europeans. Now they are still trying to preserve the fragile ecosystem. Lewis and Clark also went into the Yellowstone region. This place has had a great history we can look back on.
In the summer the temperatures in daytime is about 70 degrees and at night it is very cool sometimes dropping below freezing. Temperatures often range from 0-20 degrees in Winter throughout winter and can be very cold at night and will snow. In the spring and fall is is 30-60 degrees and snows very much. The temperature can also vary a lot here.
Activities and Events
You can do many things in Yellowstone National Park like take a hike and have an adventure or relax and watch the sunset. You can go boating and see the species of Wildlife there. You can try to camp and my favorite snowboarding. When you come to Yellowstone National Park you will experience nothing you have ever seen before.
- There are 40 major waterfalls
- Has 300 active geysers
- Became a park before some states
- Produced 3.3 million acre-feet of water.
- Twelve major rivers
- Yellowstone National Park is 63 miles long and 54 miles wide
- Old Faithful erupts every 91 minutes
- Yellowstone Park contains 1 jail
- Yellowstone National Park is an active super volcano
- Yellowstone National Park has approximately 2000 earthquakes yearly
- The average year round temperature of Yellowstone is 35° Fahrenheit
Association with Native Americans
Yellowstone was a permanent home for a tribe called the Sheep eaters. Many other tribes used this place as their home or hunting grounds. Yellowstone National Park could also be transportation routes for Native Americans. There many wars fought with tribes. Native Americans would also kill animals to have clothing.Their has been a huge history of Indians and what they did here since 10000 or more years ago.