Room 603 Update
February 9, 2016
Here's another look into our classroom!
Next 2 Weeks at a Glance:
What We're Studying:
- Language Arts - New ELA Curriculum! Technology unit focusing on Author's Purpose
- Math - Unit 4: Fractions
- Writing - Narrative Writing - Personal Narrative
- Science - Solar System
- Other - The 7 Habits: Seek First to Understand and Putting First Things First
What We're Doing:
Feb. 8 - 12
- Tuesday: Art with Mrs. Golden
- No Wednesday PE
- Thursday: Music, last day to earn AR points for next Flag Salute, and exchange valentines
- No School Friday (President's Day)
Feb. 15 - 19
- No School Monday (Washington's Birthday)
- Wednesday PE
- Thursday: Drama
- AR Flag Salute
---------------------- Announcements ---------------------
This Thursday we will be exchanging Valentines due to the holiday weekend. The only guidelines we have are:
- If your child chooses to participate, they need to bring cards for the whole class. Here is the letter and class list that was sent home this week.
- Students can't bring any candy or food
If your child would rather make Valentines instead of buying them, he/she is welcome to use art supplies from the class to create them.
New Reading Program
Because of the change, we will not be doing spelling like normal for the next few weeks. All spelling work will be done in class and will not be a part of homework.