Talbot County Public Schools
Superintendent's Update | February 2020
The second semester of the 2019-2020 school year has begun! Our students and teachers have been focused on final exams at our high schools and all grade levels have been diligently wrapping up their work in preparation for first semester report cards. February is full of important events as we celebrate Black History Month, Career and Technology Education Month and recognize our School Counselors during National School Counselor's Week. We are closely monitoring student progress and evaluating mid year data to meet the needs of all of our students while setting high academic expecations.
- February 3-7 National School Counselor Appreciation Week
- February 4 Teacher and Support Staff of the Year nomination deadline
- February 4 Special Board of Ed Meeting at TCEC - Closed Session 4:30 pm
- February 14 Early Dismissal for Students - PM Teacher Inservice
- February 17 President's Day - Schools Closed
- February 19 Board of Ed Meeting at TCEC - Public Work Session: 6:00 pm, General Meeting: 7:00 pm - Board will vote on the FY21 Budget
- February 28, 29 and March 6,7,8 St. Michaels Middle High’s Theater Department presents “Big Fish,” directed by Theresa Sage - Friday/Saturday shows at 7:00 PM, Sunday show at 2:00 PM in the SMMHS Auditorium!
Kelly Griffith, Ed.D.
Superintendent of Schools
TCPS FY21 Budget
TCPS Teacher and Support Staff of the Year- Final Call for Nominations!
Is there a teacher or member of the TCPS support staff who is truly outstanding, has made a significant impact on your family, and/or goes above and beyond in their commitment as a professional? The Teacher of the Year and Support Staff of the Year programs are a fantastic way to recognize educators who exemplify excellence.
Any individual within the school system or any member of the community may nominate a candidate to apply to be Talbot’s Teacher of the Year or Support Staff of the Year. The nomination forms are linked below. Nominations for both Teacher of the Year and Support Staff of the Year are due by Tuesday, February 4th.
National School Counseling Week
National Career & Technology Education Month
TCPS CTE programs fall under ten career clusters or groupings of interrelated occupations that represent the full range of career opportunities in key economic sectors of Maryland’s economy. At a time when opportunity for employment is so critical, CTE programs provide our students the skills to successfully enter the workforce or move into a college program.
TCPS Celebrates Black History Month
During the month of February, TCPS joins the National Black History Month celebration to honor the heritage, accomplishments, and culture of African Americans. Activities are planned throughout the month in all of our schools and will be highlighted on our District Website and Social Media Channels!