The Eagle Express
Wilson Elementary School 2021-2022
Important COVID Reminder
Please remember that if anyone in your household is Positive for COVID-19, everyone in the household must stay home and CAN NOT come to school (unless fully vaccinated/boosted if eligible-but please still call the office to confirm). An example of this is that if a parent/sibling is positive, the children cannot come to school. You must call the school at 951-739-5820, so we can go over the protocols and return dates with you. The office is open from 7:45-3:45.
If you are absent any days, please make sure to call the office to clear your child’s absence. If they are left uncleared, it will turn into a truancy.
If you are COVID positive, have been exposed or are having symptoms, please do not come into the office. If you call the office, they can assist you by taking materials you may need to the car or leaving them outside for you to pick up.
With everyone’s help we will be able to keep everyone safe and healthy!
CNUSD Connection Newsletter
Dear CNUSD Staff and Families,
Yesterday, Jan. 12, 2022 CDPH published updated guidance in the areas of contact tracing and classroom closures. CNUSD has updated our safety plan to align with the recent updates. Please see the summary of changes below:
CONTACT TRACING UPDATE:
- We will continue to isolate COVID-19 positive and symptomatic individuals.
- Notification of potential exposure to a COVID-19 positive individual will be sent to groups of potentially exposed students (e.g., classmates, teammates, cohorts, etc.) – The State is referring to this practice as “group-tracing”.
- Contact tracing to identify individual close contacts is discontinued.
IF YOU RECEIVE AN EXPOSURE LETTER...
- Your child may remain in school unless they develop symptoms or they test positive for COVID-19.
- Testing is highly encouraged. (click here for testing availability & information)
- If your child develops symptoms or tests positive, please isolate at home and notify their school site immediately.
- Students who are currently quarantining due to close contact at school and are asymptomatic may return to school without finishing their quarantine period.
SCHOOL CLOSURE CONSIDERATIONS UPDATE:
- The State’s updated guidance requires that all students must have access to safe, full in-person instruction, with as much instructional time as possible.
- Temporary school closures should be considered only after conferring with local health officials.
- There is no specific case threshold at which the State recommends an immediate temporary closure of a classroom or school. Instead, the process will be guided by local epidemiology, with particular attention paid to concern for in-school transmission.
MASK REMINDER & UPDATE:
As a reminder, masks are one of the most effective and simplest safety mitigation layers to prevent in-school transmission of COVID-19. SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is primarily transmitted via airborne particles.
- Surgical 3-ply disposable face masks are available at all of our school sites for students and staff members.
- Employees may request a mask with filtration (KN95 or N95).
- Masks MUST be worn properly over the mouth and nose at all times when indoors as the Omicron variant is highly contagious.
Parents - Please self screen your children. if they have any symptoms please keep them home. Thank you!
Student Test Kits Available
100 Mile Club Paused
Stay up to date and click below to download the Wilson app for Apple
Stay up to date and click below to download the Wilson app for Android
Join Wilson's 100 Mile Club
We look forward to starting up 100 Mile Club again! If you would like to help with 100 Mile Club, please email Brianne Waladis at email@example.com
Meet our counselor!
Hello Wilson Families!
My name is Katie Vela, and I am returning from maternity leave as the full School Counselor at Woodrow Wilson Elementary School. I am so excited to be back at Wilson this year to work with you and your students. I am grateful to have had Ms. F as the substitute counselor while I was out to support our Wilson students, families and staff. I look forward to continuing the good work she has been doing on campus this year!
The following will continue to be offered for the 2021-2022 school year:
● Classroom guidance lessons for all grade levels with social, emotional and academic focus.
● Small group counseling sessions, with parent permission, for students focusing on: divorce, grief, social skills, anger management or other data driven groups to provide support.
● Individual counseling, with parent permission, to help students with managing emotions, behaviors or other individualized social and emotional challenges.
(Due to large caseloads, individual counseling is on a limited basis with limited sessions.)
If a child needs services that are outside the scope of school counseling, an outside community referral can be provided.
If you have any questions, please contact me by email at Katie.firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also consult with your child’s teacher or an administrator regarding a counseling referral. I am so thankful to be back at Wilson this school year and I look forward to working with you and your students!
Katie Vela (Mrs. Katie)
Woodrow Wilson Elementary School Counselor
Students need to be through the gate by 8:45 in order to be on time for school!
Thank you for continuing to pull all the way up in the circle. Please make sure to stay in your car at all times. If you need to help your child get out or into the car, please park in order to help the circle continue to flow.
As you are driving to school, please be aware of the crosswalks as students and families are crossing. Please make sure to fully stop and check for families.
We appreciate your help.
No Cell Phone/Smart Watch Use on Campus
Thank you for talking to your child.
The Wilson Way
Every month at the beginning of the month, the store will be open for shopping for 2 weeks. Then the last 2 weeks of the month will be for bagging prizes and delivering to classrooms.
Thank you to everyone who helped with donations for the Eagles Nest!
Donations Needed for Student Store!
We are in need of donations to keep our store up and running. Please see the Amazon Wish List below to send a donation to Wilson for The Eagles Nest. Thank you for your support.
It is important to know that all CNUSD issued devices (i.e. laptops) are the student's responsibility. We are speaking to our students about how to take care of their devices and ask that families do the same at home. If a student has a device that has been damaged, the fine to replace the laptop is $200.00.
If you have any questions regarding devices or technology, please visit the CNUSD website for information and assistance. Click HERE to visit the page.
The page states the following regarding damaged laptops:
"The parent/guardian is responsible for any damages or costs incurred as a result of the student’s use and possession of the device. As outlined in board policy BP8500, the Board of Education intends that technology resources provided by the District be used in a safe, responsible, and proper manner in support of instructional programs for the advancement of student learning."