Just the Facts...3/8/17
News you can use:
We look forward to seeing you for our Open House this Thursday from 5-7pm. Some of the fun events you will be able to participate in include:
- Jump Rope for Heart Celebration! All Lakeside Learners and their families are encouraged to stop by the gym to jump rope between 5:00-6:45.
From 6:45-7:00, our wonderful Lakeside Choir will be performing in the gym.
Our Bottle Cap Mural will be on display in the Cafeteria for Selfies and more throughout the night.
Individual masterpieces for our learners will be found in the library from 5-7
As always, our classrooms will showcase the work of our kids.
Green Team (see PTO news) signups will be available as well.
Come join us!!!!
Field Day and Volunteers
Field Day will take place on May 19th and we will need several volunteers for this fun event. In anticipation of this great day (and any other Volunteering Opportunities) please take a minute to complete the Volunteer Background Check Form. Background checks must be completed every year. Thank you!
Planning for Next Year
- The 2017-2018 District Calendar has been finalized and approved. The calendar is posted on the district website.
- New start times were posted on the district website. Elementary start time (and the time our kids must be in class and ready for the day) will be 7:40am.
Jump Rope For Heart is wrapping! All donations need to be turned in by this Friday, March 10th. It’s not too late to contribute to our school’s efforts to fight the No. 1 killer of Americans: heart disease. Visit www.heart.org/jump to join our school team. We are so proud of our Lakeside Longhorns for taking the challenge and helping others by raising money for the American Heart Association. Thank you for your support!
CISD School Health Advisory Committee Information
Mark Your Calendars 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade parents!
On March 21st, CISD will be hosting a screening of the documentary called SCREENAGERS, Growing Up in the Digital Age.
This film dives deep into how technology impacts kids’ development and the challenges of parenting in the digital world. We live in a world where parents must compete with video games, texting addiction, and social media.
It begins at 6pm @CHS Auditorium. Following the movie, there will be a SKYPE session with Lisa Tabb, the film’s producer.
Want to learn about ways Lakeside is Going Green and perhaps get involved? Stop by the Green Team's table outside the gym at Open House to sign up for our mailing list and talk to a team member! Just look for the green balloons!
Upcoming Dates (the rest of the year at-a-glance)
*Please note dates will be added and some may be changed as necessary
9) Open House 5-7
10) Spirit Rally, End of the third nine weeks
13-17) Spring Break
24) Report Cards go home
28-29) STAAR for 4th and 5th *No visitors on campus please
30) 2nd grade field trip
5-11) Spring Book Fair (*updated dates)
4) North Counselors will meet 5th graders at Lakeside to discuss registration
6) Corey the Dribbler Program (sponsored by PTO)
14) Weather Day (subject to change)
18) 1st grade field trip
21) Progress Reports go home (4th/5th)
24) Kindergarten field trip
28) 3rd grade field trip
4) Kindergarten Roundup (for incoming Kindergarteners) from 5:30-6:30pm
8-10) STAAR for 3rd-5th *No visitors on campus please
12) Longhorn Stampede
17) CISD Night at the Ballpark
19) Field Day
29) No School
31) 5th grade graduation (subject to change)
1) Last day of School,
- Spirit Rally
- 5th grade walk at 12:30,
- Early Release at 12:50,
- Report Cards go home