Covington Place Newsletter
September 18, 2016 - For Residents of Covington Place
ANNUAL FALL YARD SALE COMING THIS WEEKEND!
1 - Set up your items to sell in your garage and/or driveway by 8:00am
2 - Place a balloon on your mailbox
3 - Don't block the street with your vehicles; you can park your vehicles at the Pool Parking Lot during the event if you need to do so
It's as simple as that! GOOD LUCK!!
POOL CLOSING FOR THE SEASON ON SUNDAY @ 10:00PM!
NEW GUIDELINES ON CONTENT FOR NEWSLETTER & FACEBOOK PAGE REGARDING RELIGION & POLITICS
To ensure that all requests to post items considered to be of either a religious or political nature in our Newsletter and on our Facebook Page are treated fairly, the HOA Board has adopted the following guidelines effective immediately:
RELIGIOUS - WOULD ALLOW:
(1) fundraisers sponsored by a church for a local cause or something like Hurricane Hermine Relief that are open to the public - i.e. not for a church’s building fund, etc.
(2) holiday or special concerts at a church that are open to the public - ex. Easter Cantatas, Christmas Specials, etc.
(3) holiday events sponsored by a church that are open to the public - ex. Easter on the Square by FBC
(4) summer programs sponsored by a church that are open to the public - like Vacation Bible School
(5) sports leagues sponsored by a church that are open to the public and do not require church membership
RELIGIOUS - WOULD NOT ALLOW:
(1) personal opinions regarding any religious group or religious holiday or similar item - i.e. no ranting
(2) personal opinions on any item of a religious nature taking place in our nation, state, county, or city
(3) promotions for membership in any religious organization or church
(4) publishing of worship service times, etc. for any religious organization or church
POLITICAL WOULD ALLOW:
(1) town hall meetings to meet the candidates - if it's open to all parties
(2) get out the vote - if it's for all parties
POLITICAL WOULD NOT ALLOW:
(1) personal opinions on any political candidate, political party, etc.
(2) personal opinions on any item of a political nature taking place in our nation, state, county, city or otherwise
(3) candidate or party promotions, whether or not the candidates are CP residents
Any postings either submitted by or posted by a resident that does not follow the above guidelines will be rejected or deleted. If you want clarification on any item before submitting it to be posted, please email it to email@example.com first and you will get an answer.
As a reminder, only current residents or owners can join and/or post any item to our Facebook Page. We try to maintain membership on the FB Page of only those 2 groups. If you submit a request to join the FB Page, please follow-up with a message providing your street address so that we can confirm you are indeed a CP resident. Thanks for your full cooperation with this matter. We get lots of requests from non-residents every week wanting to join and we just don't allow that.
BAD EMAIL ADDRESSES
HALLOWEEN SAFETY PROGRAM VOLUNTEERS NEEDED!
We need someone to volunteer to oversee the program, as well as many volunteers to man the various stations within the neighborhood.
Please respond to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are willing to participate. It is critical that we have a large neighborhood participation in order to enact this program again this year.
CP SOCIAL COMMITTEE UPCOMING EVENTS
CHILI/SOUP/BEST RECIPE COOK-OFF - coming in October
NEW RESIDENT RECEPTION at the Pool Clubhouse on Thursday, October 13th
TUNES ON THE TURF featuring "Whiskey Bent" at the playground/gazebo area on Friday, November 4th
More events will be announced over the next few weeks.
OVERNIGHT VISITORS & CAMPERS/RVs PARKED IN THE STREET or AT POOL PARKING LOT - VISITOR PARKING PASS REQUIRED - NO EXCEPTIONS
Leaving unmarked cars parked in the Pool Parking Lot during the day or overnight is not allowed. If vehicles do not have a Green Vehicle Sticker on them then they MUST have a Visitor Parking Pass on them to keep from being towed. NOTE: If you see a non-resident vehicle parked at the Pool Parking Lot during the day or night, please call the Covington Police to come and check it out.
If you need a Visitor Parking Pass Template, please sign in to HOA Butler and print it from Community Documents and Information.
GREEN VEHICLE STICKERS - IT'S ALL ABOUT NEIGHBORHOOD SAFETY!
If you do not have a Green Vehicle Sticker on each of your vehicles, please send an email to email@example.com providing your Name, Street Address, and the Number of Vehicles you have and they will be delivered to your mailbox.
If you would like a sticker for your golf cart too, please make that request as this is a great idea since many residents drive their golf carts to the pool.
GOT A QUESTION? ASK A BOARD MEMBER!
Also, every resident should have received an eCopy of the HOA HANDBOOK in April. Always refer to that newsletter for the majority of your questions. If you did not receive a copy, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and one will be forwarded to you.
Also, just about every phone number you could ever need is included in this Newsletter near the bottom. Check it out!
NEIGHBORS HELPING NEIGHBORS OUTREACH PROGRAM
SEPTEMBER LUNCHEON CONCERTS ON THE SQUARE
GRAND OPENING OF PORTER PERFORMING ARTS CENTER
CITRUSOLUTION CARPET CLEANING PROCESS
OFFICIAL HOA ADVERTISING DISCLAIMER
FREE ADS FOR RESIDENTS WHO OWN A BUSINESS
Our HOA offers residents who own a business the opportunity to reach over 340+ resident email addresses via our Newsletter and our Facebook Page. Our average weekly reach is over 425 views.
Here's how it works:
For Residents who own a business:
- No charge to run an Ad
- A print-ready Ad in JPEG format is required
- We'll run it several times if requested
For Non-Residents to place an Ad:
- $25 to run 4 times
- A print-ready Ad in JPEG format is required
- Payable in cash or check payable to CPHOA. Payment sent c/o Susie Keck, 8110 Crestview Drive, Covington 30014
All Ad JPEGS must be emailed prior to any Saturday to email@example.com in order to be placed in the next issue of the Newsletter. Please make sure that your Ad is clear and legible before sending your JPEG.
Paid for Ads will be posted to our FB Page by someone on our Communications Team only. If an Ad appears on our FB Page that doesn't belong to a resident and hasn't been pre-paid for, it will be deleted.
2016-2017 BOARD MEMBERS CONTACT INFO:
Feel free to contact any Board Member with any questions you may have regarding our neighborhood. They are here to serve you and our community. Their email addresses are just below their photos.
Term expires in 2018
IMPORTANT CP HOA PHONE NUMBERS:
- Sentry Management is the umbrella over 2 divisions: Subdivision Services and Grace Management; the 2 divisions cover different aspects of our HOA business
- Subdivision Services - 678-284-0244 - contact them for these items: obtain/replace a pool/tennis key card, report/respond to covenant violations, report issues at the pool/tennis courts/playground, anything related to safety/security, etc.
- Grace Management - 770-389-6528 - contact them for these items: your HOAButler account, anything to do with your HOA account, Architectural Review (ARC) Request, etc.
Architecture Review Applications (ARA) - go to HOAButler or contact Sentry at AtlantasouthARC@sentrymgt.com or 770-389-6528 (office) or 770-506-8430 (Fax).
Mailbox Repair/Replacement - The HOA Board is working with Sentry to obtain a new approved mailbox installation/repair/replacement company for Covington Place. In the meantime, please contact Ed Winnicki on the HOA Board.
Clubhouse Rental - Kaye Plitt, the clubhouse is available to all residents to rent for private parties; no corporate events or non-resident parties allowed; $75 fee during Pool Season, $50 fee during remainder of year; Rules & Regulations available from Kaye; some restrictions on dates/times of availability; 404-606-8062, firstname.lastname@example.org
Green Vehicle Stickers - Send email to email@example.com and provide street address and number of vehicles; place them on the rear window of each vehicle; they are available for golf carts too and should be placed on the windshield
Social Committee - Brooke Woodall, firstname.lastname@example.org
Collins Pool Services - 770-389-9999 - to report any problems with the pool during Pool Season (ex. chemicals, cleanliness, fecal matter, etc.)
Tennis Courts are accessed via the same Pool Card that opens the pool gate. The tennis courts are available for residents and their guests only. Guests must be accompanied by a resident at all times. Leagues or Teams are not allowed. Rules of etiquette were included in the HANDBOOK so please refer to them if you have any questions.
Street Light Outage - City of Covington, 770-385-2000, use Option '0' and speak to a Customer Service Agent to report the outage and have a repair ticket created.
GOT ANY NEWS TO SHARE?
REMINDER: We use the same general guidelines as we do on our FB Page so please refer to these guidelines when submitting anything for publication.
HAS ANYONE NEW MOVED IN NEXT DOOR TO YOU?
Also, please ask them to send an email to email@example.com to be added to the Newsletter and receive a HOA Handbook.