North Pointe News
March 3, 2019
It's National School Breakfast Week!
Start your engines… and come have a healthy breakfast with us! Teachers and parents are welcome to come as well!
Did you know??? Students who eat school breakfast are more likely to:
*Reach higher levels of achievement in reading and math
*Score higher on standardized tests
*Have better concentration and memory
*Be more alert
*Maintain a healthy weight
The school breakfast program serves over 14 MILLION children every school day!
Our cafeteria staff is excited about this week! They will be giving away lots of prizes daily in addition to the ones listed below…
- 3 die cast NASCAR race cars (2 are autographed from TEAM PENSKE-#22 Joey Logano #12 Ryan Blaney)
- 5 NASCAR hats that will be drawn for on Friday, March 8th for anyone who ate breakfast all week!
- We will be having a race between grade levels to see who has the highest breakfast participation for the entire week. Watch for the race track that will be on the wall when you come in to the café to see who is leading! The grade level that wins will receive cookies & rice krispy treats Friday March 8th at lunch.
Monday March 4th: Every student receives a pencil.
Tuesday March 5th: Check the bottom of your breakfast tray to see if you have a sticker. If so, you will win extra prizes!
Wednesday March 6th: All students get a ruler.
Thursday March 7th: “ National Cereal Day” - Students can guess how many cheerios are in the jar.
Friday March 8th: NSBW water bottle and string bag give away.
- Monday-Waffle wheelz, mini-cinis, cereal & toast, fruit, juice & jelly
- Tuesday-blueberry bonanza muffins, sausage biscuit, cereal & toast, fruit, juice & jelly
- Wednesday-The egg scrambler, soft filled cinnamon toast crunch, cereal & toast, fruit, juice & jelly
- Thursday-NATIONAL CEREAL DAY! Cyclone cereal bar…honey nut cheerios, lucky charms, cinnamon toast crunch, chex & toast, fruit, juice & jelly
- Friday-Screaming strawberry yoplait yogurt, donut holes, cereal & toast, fruit, juice & jelly
We will also be giving out some breakfast items at lunch Monday-Thursday (4th – 7th) so students can try new items. Friday (8th) is BREAKFAST FOR LUNCH DAY!
Choices are: breakfast pizza, scrambled eggs & toast, sausage biscuit, yogurt plate.
Sides: bacon, roasted potatoes, assorted fruit, fruit juice & assorted milk.
We are excited and hope you are too!
YOU DID IT!
Our staff is super excited to see the school improvements as a result of this awesome fundraiser! Our initiatives this year include a shade structure for our playground, leveled text for class libraries, and various school beautification projects. You will hear more about these as we begin making plans!
I cannot thank you all enough for the support you provide to our school community! Great things ahead for North Pointe Elementary!
Kindergarten Registration begins on March 14th!
Do you have a child attending Kindergarten during the 2019-2020 school year?
- 2 current proofs of residence (example - power bill, water bill, cable bill, lease or mortgage)
- Your child's birth certificate
Bring your child with you for screening! Our kindergarten teachers will get to know your K student to see what they know!
Please call the office for questions! 260-5040
- Firehouse Subs and Bruster's Ice Cream Night! Tell them you are with North Pointe so we get the credit!
- 5K Registration
- 5th Grade Trip to Chattanooga, TN
- 3rd Grade Art Show (5:00) & Performance (6:00)
- No School for Students
- 2nd Grade Field Trip to Atlanta
- Spirit Day
- Kona Ice
don't forget to order your yearbook on the link below!
Save the Date! Awards Days 2019
Thursday, May 30th
4K Classrooms in the AM (times TBD)
Friday, May 31st
Kindergarten - 8:30 am
Fifth Grade - 10:30 am
Monday, June 3 (1st and 4th grades)
Tuesday, June 4 (2nd and 3rd grades)
9:45 M. Brown