November 11, 2022
Note from Mrs. Craft
Happy Friday! We have had an amazing short week. This morning, we had an assembly featuring our second graders honoring Veterans. The second graders sang different patriotic songs for our country and Veterans. A highlight of the program was when they sang Salute to the Armed Forces and our Veterans stood for their branch. Another highlight this year was our guest speaker Retired Captain, Nora Eyle of the United States Air Force. Mrs. Eyle, who is a parent to Ryan a 4th grader at Hart, shared different aspects of her role while she served and challenged us to work on a skill that everyone needs which is integrity. She challenged our fourth graders to be strong leaders and then gave us five “Remove Before Flight” badges that will be given randomly throughout the year to 4th graders who have shown great integrity.
Don't forget that we have our Mother Son Night tonight at JW Entertainment.
As always, if you have any questions or concerns please let me know.
All My Best,
My mission is to be a servant leader who works with students, parents, and staff to build a community that fosters relationships and learning where everyone THRIVES. Each day, I strive to make the choice to be great versus comfortable, because you can't be both!
Important Dates @ Hart
11th ~ Veteran's Day Assembly spotlighting 2nd Grade @ 10:00am
11th ~ Mother/Son Night
14th - 18th ~ Recycle Week/Winter Coat & Clothing Drive
16th ~ Support Staff Appreciation Day
18th ~ Substitute Professional Day
21st - 25th ~ Thanksgiving Break
2nd & 3rd ~ Fine Arts Festival
7th ~ 4th Grade Math District Benchmark
13th ~ Donuts with Dad (Last Name A-M)
14th ~ Donuts with Dad (Last Name N-Z)
15th ~ Class Holiday Parties
15th ~ Early Release at 12:00pm
Extended Day Leopard Academy
Card and Board Game Spring Session Enrollment is going on!
Card and Board Game Academy is an afternoon extended day opportunity for Children in third grade through 6. Children get to learn and play 10 new games that spark curiosity, promote critical thinking skills and foster collaboration. Enroll now!
Lovejoy ISD Children's Choir
Recently, we announced the 8th season of the Lovejoy ISD Children’s Choir. "LCC" is designed to serve the needs of our district’s 4th, 5th and 6th grade students who are committed to a musically exceptional experience. All 4th grade Hart students are encouraged to audition for our district honor choir! You do not have to be a current member of our campus choir to audition for LCC.
To register for LCC, please click HERE! We are preparing for auditions in class and during choir. Please read all of the details on this incredible experience HERE. Auditions will take place December 8th after school at Hart.
We look forward to continuing this Lovejoy tradition in a new and unique way! If you have any questions, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org, thank you!
LCC Registration Link: HERE
LCC Letter and Expectations: HERE
Lovejoy Green Team
Character Trait Spotlight
Nurse Tami's Notes
- Vision and Hearing Screenings - Kindergarten and new to Hart students will be having screenings on 11/16/22 and 11/17/22. Please make sure your child has his/her corrective lenses or glasses on those days. If a student does not pass their vision or hearing screening, rescreens will be done 3 weeks after. If they still do not pass, emails will be sent to parents. If you don't receive an email, that means your student has passed his/her vision and hearing screening.
- Hi, Hart families! Please do not send your child to school if he/she has:
- Flu-like symptoms (fever and/or chills, headache, muscle pain or body aches, feeling tired or weak, sore throat, runny or stuffy nose, sneezing, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, vomiting, and diarrhea)
- A fever of 100.0 degrees or greater
- Vomiting or diarrhea
- An infection that requires antibiotics (i.e. strep throat, pink eye, etc.) unless they have been on antibiotics for a full 24 hours.
- If your child is sick and tests positive for anything, please send me an email to let me know. This helps me monitor our campus health. Thank you for helping me keep Hart healthy.