The blob fish is the most miserable looking fish you could ever see. The blob fish inhabits the deep waters off the coast of Australia and Tasmania. This animal is as lazy as it looks. Gelatinous flesh and no bones, this fish floats over the sea floor and swallowing anything that comes towards it.
DID YOU KNOW??
- Blob fish live at around eight hundred meters, the pressure is eighty times greater than what it is at sea level.
- The Blob Fish is really just a large mass of gel, kind of like looking at Jello(TM) but larger and with eyes, nose and mouth.
- The Blob Fish averages around two feet long.
- Because it is all gel, this fish has a density that is less than water. This lets him float above the floor of the sea without needing to swim.
- The Blob fish has no muscles at all.
- The blob fish feeds by just sitting in the water and waiting for something edible to come by. It eats mostly sea urchins, mollusks and crustaceans.
- Blob fish were first described in 1978, very recently in terms of fish identification.
- Blob Fish dont have a swim bladder
- Psychrolutes marcidus is the blobfishs scientific name