West Clayton Elementary School
Important Information and Updates
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
MEAL PLAN UPDATES
We have been notified of a few changes that will occur with meal payments and meal debt. Remember, you can always apply for meal benefits by visiting https://family.titank12.com/. In the event that your child has a low balance on his/her account or goes into the negative, the following will occur.
Low Balance Alerts
- An automatic daily ConnectEd call will occur at 5:30 PM to households with student account balances less than $10.00.
- An automatic email will occur from the Titan Family Portal when the student’s account balance is less than $5.00
- The Cafe Manager shall print low balance letters on Thursday for students that have a balance less than $10.00. This may be distributed by homeroom assignments.
Negative Charges at Point of Sale
If the student does not have adequate funds, the cashier shall do the following:
- Students may not charge a la carte products.. Remove any a la carte products from the tray and set aside.
- Communicate with the student during the transaction by stating, ““Your account is in the negative. Would you please let someone at home know that you need more money on your meal account. Thank you.”
- An automatic daily ConnectEd call will occur at 5:30 PM to households with negative student account balances.
- An automatic email will occur from the Titan Family Portal when the student’s account balance is less than $5.00 (including negative balances).
- The Cafe Manager shall provide the Principal or designee with Negative Charge Letters that shall be distributed to Homeroom Teachers for further distribution on Monday.
Parents are expected to pay all meal charges in full by the last day of each school year. Negative balances on student accounts will be carried forward to the following school year. The School Nutrition Director or designee shall provide the negative charge balance report to the Finance Director at the end of the student’s calendar. The superintendent shall ensure that federal child nutrition funds are not used to offset the cost of unpaid meals and that the CNP is reimbursed for bad debt resulting from uncollected student meal charges prior to September 30 each year.
As we enter the new year, we complete our middle of year benchmark testing and analyze whether or not we are on track to meet our goals. Historically, we see a slight dip in our middle of year data compared to our beginning of year data. So far, our MAP data is showing a similar trend. As a reminder, MAP is used to assess Grades K-5 in Math and Grades 3-5 in Reading. The testing window for MAP is still open so the data is not 100% complete. With that being said, we are seeing less of a dip in third grade Reading and Math and fifth grade Reading. These are definitely celebrations!
We will also begin our mClass benchmark assessments. These assessments are for basic Reading skills in Grades K-3.
Lastly, we will be finishing up the second nine weeks toward the end of January with our MVP (formerly CASE) assessments for Reading and Math in grades 3-5 and Science in grade 5.
Once we have all of this data, we will share our celebrations and our plans for continued improvement.
Lastly, Don't forget to check our the WCES Calendar below for upcoming events!
Thank you Ms. Luciano, Ms. Howell, and Ms. Taylor
They facilitated another wonderful Hispanic Family Event!
Thank you Ms. Lillie!
We hope to see you at our next meeting on Thursday January 5th at 6PM in the media center. We will begin planning events for the remainder of winter and spring.
Officers for the 2022-2023 School Year
President: Cara Grow
Vice President: Brinita Robinson
Secretary: Meagan McFarland
Treasurer: Rebecca Patterson
Join WCES PTA today at Wcespta.memberhub.com/store, select your membership & complete check out. We are so excited to work together building up the WCES community this year!
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Students will help us name our official school mascot!