Apply to be an RA Today!
Building Your Leadership Skills One Role At A Time!
About Residence Life
Benefits Of Being an RA
- Become a part of #woolife today! Help us to make our residence hall community a place where we work to foster a student's sense of belonging and social and personal identity.
- A single room—potentially in an apartment with other students, or in a suite with another RA
- Automatic eligibility for a resident student parking decal
- Stipend to be paid by check 4 times each semester, or to be applied directly to your student account.
- Participation in continuous leadership training and development
Things to Consider When Applying
Prior to beginning the application process, we encourage you to take a couple of minutes to look over the questions below and complete a quick self-assessment. As you enter the process to become an RA, it is important to know where you stand on certain issues…
- Are you able to handle problems without over-reacting or making inappropriate compromises?
- Do you need to be the center of attention? Do you need to be constantly showered with compliments, praise, and reward? Can you let someone else take center stage?
- How do you handle stress, tension and anxiety?
- How well can you adjust to the lifestyle of an RA?
- Are you able to balance the role of the RA with the other components of your life?
- Are you oversensitive to and critical of the shortcomings of others?
- Are you able to learn from your experiences?
- Are you able to fulfill your responsibilities and still be honest with yourself, your values, your philosophies and your commitments?
- Are you able to evaluate your own strengths and weaknesses?
- Can you relate to and advise other students without becoming personally and emotionally involved? Even when these students are close friends?
- Are you mature enough to accept the fact that you cannot be all things to all people?
- Are you able to accept behaviors of individuals and not pass judgment?
- Are you able to accept direction and advice from a supervisor?
- Are you able to professionally disagree with a colleague?
- Do you have the self-confidence to be assertive without becoming aggressive?
- Full-time, registered student in the University’s Undergraduate Academic Program.
- In good academic standing with a minimum GPA of 2.25.
- In good disciplinary standing (not currently on disciplinary probation).
- Successful candidates will have achieved sophomore standing by the beginning of the Fall 2019 Semester.