By: Max Lindsley and Mason Rasmussen 7th Hour
Thank you for reading our paper. we hope that you learn how to not die as we teach you the basic safety of snowmobiling.
Facts and Statistics
- The average age of a snowmobiler is 41 years old.
- Excess speed is the primary cause of snowmobile accidents.
- Alcohol use is often linked to snowmobile accidents involving excess speed.
- Night driving also contributes to snowmobile accidents. According to the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources, the majority of snowmobile accidents occur between the hours of 8 p.m. and 3 a.m.
- Many snowmobile accidents occur when a driver takes his or her machine onto a frozen lake and the weight of the snowmobile and the rider breaks through the ice and the driver drowns.