Foreign Language Career Exploration
Federal Bureau Of Investigation
The FBI has several jobs and this is what they do.
1. Protect the United States from terrorist attack
2. Protect the United States against foreign intelligence operations and espionage
3. Protect the United States against cyber-based attacks and high-technology crimes
4. Combat public corruption at all levels
5. Protect civil rights
6. Combat transnational/national criminal organizations and enterprises
7. Combat major white-collar crime
8. Combat significant violent crime
9. Support federal, state, local and international partners
10. Upgrade technology to successfully perform the FBI’s mission
Who Do They Investigate?
What are the REquirements to become an FBI Agent?
- Speak a foreign language fluently
- Have specialized computer skills
- Earn an advanced college degree
The specific requirements for an FBI Special Agent are as follows:
- You must be a United States Citizen, between the ages of 23 and 37
- You must have an accredited four-year college or university degree (no exceptions)
- You must have three years of professional work experience
- You must have a valid driver's license and be available for assignment anywhere in the FBI's jurisdiction
FBI Special Agent applicants must also meet FBI physical requirements and pass an in-depth background check. When all these qualifications have been met, new special agents attend an intensive 18-week training program at the FBI Academy in Quantico, Virginia.