Date: September 8, 2019
Quote of the Week
"It's not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves."
It's the beginning of week four, and the students have woken up! Remember to practice procedures and review expectations periodically. Please communicate and work with parents if you are seeing any consistent issues with a specific student. Let us know if you need support from us. Thanks for all you do on a daily basis. Enjoy and spread joy in the week ahead!
Peter, Sarah, and Aaryn
- Shout Outs: To all staff for quick reaction to our unexpected fire alarm on Thursday!
- Dismissal: Classes and students should be held in their classroom at dismissal until an announcement for them to be dismissed is made. We have a lot of students who are in the hallways early before they are called to be dismissed (ex: car riders in the hallway when shuttle is dismissed.) This is also a safety issue. If we have an emergency during dismissal, it will be hard to account for students if they are dismissed early.
- Dismissal Times Reminder: We will be dismissing shuttle students at 2:10, car riders at 2:17, and bus riders at 2:20 going forward.
- Wednesday: We are making a switch and will have vertical team meetings this Wednesday instead of PD sessions. We will email out meeting locations.
- Boosterthon: The program kicks off next Tuesday with the Pep Rallies. See the times below. Staff may wear jeans on 9/17 for the Pep Rally with a Boosterthon Shirt or SES shirt.
- SLO Reminders: STAR testing should be completed by 9/20. Reflections should be done by 9/27. SLO meetings will be held at the beginning of PLC meetings on 10/1.
Penny Chapman, 9/15
- 9/9: Happy Monday
- 9/10: ELA PLC Meetings
- 9/11: Principal's Meeting at 10:00; Vertical Team Meetings; Spirit Night at Empire Pizza
- 9/12: School Store for K-2; Math PLC Meetings
- 9/13: Let Me Run Interest Meeting at 7:50 in Cafeteria; Elementary Principal's Meeting at 10:00
- 9/17: Boosterthon Pep Rallies (K-2 at 12:55, 3-5 at 1:35)