Marumsco Hills Eagle News
Back To School News 2021-2022
MHES News and Updates
This newsletter will provide parents with updates and events at Marumsco Hills Elementary as we begin the 2021-2022 school year.
School Calendar Dates: August & September
- August 23 - First Day of School
- August 26 - Fire Drill
- August 31 - Lockdown Drill
- September 3 - School Closed
- September 6-7 - School Closed
- September 9 - Fire Drill
- September 14 - Lockdown Drill
- September 15 - Fall Picture Day
- September 16 - School Closed
Important Safety Reminders -Start of Year
- Masks are required for all students and adults when in the school building. Masks cannot have vents or exhalation valves. If using a neck gaiter, it must be worn in two layers.
- Masks will be required at recess, when physical distancing cannot be maintained.
- Parents will not be allowed to eat lunch with students due to safety and spacing constraints
- Students will be assigned a number in the cafeteria and have an assigned seat throughout the year. This is being done to support any COVID case investigation that may need to be done.
- Water fountains will not be used. Students need to bring a refillable water bottle to school.
Daily Student Health Screening
New School Year Packet - Must Be Completed Online
Emergency Cards and annual acknowledgements and consents are online in ParentVUE
The New School Year Packet, where parents/guardians can review emergency cards, update contact information, and complete annual policy reviews and acknowledgements, is now available in ParentVUE.
All families should complete the New School Year Packet as soon as possible, but no later than Friday, September 17, 2021.The information you provide will allow school staff to ensure the safety of your student this school year.
- Log into the ParentVUE app or the ParentVUE website using your ParentVUE UserID and password.
- Once logged into ParentVUE, click the Online Records button at the top of the screen.
If you need assistance, or do not have an active ParentVUE account, please contact your child’s school.
2021-22 Code of Behavior
The 2021-22 Code of Behavior webpage is now live for parents and students to view. Students have the opportunity to review the Code of Behavior with their parents/guardians during the New School Year Packet online process, and a downloadable file version of the Code of Behavior is available on the Code of Behavior webpage in English and all other required languages.
RYCOR Credit Card Option for Payments
All PWCS schools will implement RYCOR, our comprehensive credit card acceptance and fee management system. This program will allow families to pay for student activity fees for multiple students in one place on the PWCS Student Quick Pay page.
Optional Accident Insurance Available
Many parents without insurance coverage worry about protecting their children in the event of an illness or injury. Optional student accident insurance is an inexpensive way to provide medical coverage in such events.
Student accident insurance is not just for those without health insurance. Optional student accident insurance can be a secondary level of coverage for those students who are covered under a parent or guardian’s primary insurance plan. In such cases, the optional student accident insurance may cover expenses not paid for by the primary insurance plan such as co-pays and other out-of-pocket expenses.
Affordable student accident insurance is available for purchase through a group rate. Parents may enroll students online or by calling the phone number identified below. Online enrollment will be accomplished using a dedicated secure enrollment site by the insurance provider.
The School Division offers optional coverage through K&K Insurance.
For more information or to enroll in the plan offered by K&K Insurance, call 855-742-3135 or visit the K&K Insurance website.
ParentVue - All Families Need to Access Their Account and Update Information
We need all parents to have access to ParentVue so you can log in to update critical information for this school year. We need to ensure we have correct phone numbers and addresses. If you need assistance with your ParentVue account, please call the school or e-mail Ms. Diaz-Cruz at DiazCrL@pwcs.edu