2B & 2D News!
May 31st - June 2nd
What We Are Learning This Week
We have learned SO much in 2nd grade this year! This week, we will spend time reviewing concepts learned in all content areas as well as celebrate the amazing year that we have had! While we will still be learning, we will have lots of fun too!
- Robotics - This week is a perfect time for our learners to get their hands on some awesome robots that are new to Austin Elementary this year! We will spend the morning exploring Ozobots! Ask your child about it after school!
- Technology Day - Bring your own technology to explore and share favorite apps with classmates.
- Please allow your child to bring his/her favorite board game! Students will spend a portion of the day problem solving, connecting, and celebrating with students in other 2nd grade classes!
- "WELCOME TO SUMMER" PARTY!
- What to bring: a beach towel, your favorite book, your lunch (unless you're buying from the cafeteria) and a bag (backpack or beach bag!)
- What not to bring: planner, school work, etc :)
- Optional: dress in your beachy clothes! (No swimsuits please!)
As your teachers, we will be doing the same thing, mixing professional development with tons of fun to ensure that we are the best we can be next year! Thank you for doing the same at home! We can't wait for another awesome year :)
Istation Access Over Summer!
SEM @ Austin Elementary
Great Expectations of the Week
Life Principle: Temperance
Quote: "The key to everything is patience. You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it." -Arnold H. Glasow
Healthy Tip: If you have a bicycle, make sure to wear a helmet and always tell an adult where you are going.
Important dates for the rest of the year!
*June 2nd- Last day of school, report cards go home, early release @ 12:50
*June 6th- CISD night at the ballpark