February 19th Jefferson Journal
February 21st Panda Express fundraiser 10:30am - 9pm
March 1st- Virtual PTO Meeting at 6pm (See Facebook PTO page for link to meeting)March 17th Picture Retake day
March 29th- April 2nd NO SCHOOL Spring Break
21 de Febrero - Recaudar fondos para la escuela con Panda Express 10:30am - 9pm
1 de Marzo - Junta con la organización de padres y maestros 6pm (Ver la página de Facebook para enlace)
17 de Marzo - Dia de fotos ( Si no salieron bien o si su hijo/hija no tuvieron la oportunidad de participar )
29 de Marzo al 2 de Abril - NO HAY ESCUELA (VACACIONES DE PRIMAVERA )
b Hli 21Jefferson School Muaj Nrhav Nyaj tom Panda Express 10:30 - 9:00 tsaus ntuj
Peb Hli 1 Muaj Saablaaj Virtual thaum 6:00 tsaus ntuj (Moog tom Facebook PTO txhaj tau link)
Peb Hli 27 Rov Qaab Thaij Dluab
Peb Hli 29 - Plaub Hli 2 TSI MUAJ KAWM NTAWV Su
PTO Survey on Fundraising Ideas
Please Join us Feb 21st at Panda Express for a Fundraiser Event
20% of event sales will go to Thomas Jefferson PTO.
Please watch the above video to learn how the Referendum will benefit our schools
On April 6, voters in the Wausau School District will have the opportunity to vote on 2 referendum questions. Question #1 would add 36 additional Pupil Services staff and Question #2 would make upgrades to ALL of our schools for NO tax increase.
Click here to check out the proposed changes to Thomas Jefferson.
Thomas Jefferson Pupil Services Team
Dear Thomas Jefferson Blue Ribbon families:
The pupil service members at Thomas Jefferson are available to offer further assistance and services to your student. Our school counselor, school social worker, and school psychologist can assist students who may need additional academic, emotional, social, behavioral, and/or attendance support. If you would like to speak with someone able to help, please contact one of the following pupil service professionals:
Pupil Services staff:
Sue Doerr - School Counselor
Kelly Perdue - School Social Worker
Amanda Melville - School Psychologist
Kyra McGinnity - School Nurse
The School Based Counseling Agency at Thomas Jefferson is Charis Counseling.
Patrick Rohr from Charis Counseling is available to see students either in-school, virtually, or at his office location.
Here is a link to the on-line referral form.
You can also contact any of the Thomas Jefferson Pupil Services Team for more information.
Book Bowl 2021
A special Congratulations to Madisen J. from Thomas Jefferson for placing 2nd!
Congratulations to all participants!
Here is a list of district students and where they placed:
1st (with perfect score) - Liza C. - Riverview - 5th grade
Anabel S. - South Mountain/Homeschool - 4th grade
2nd - J.T. M. - John Marshall - 5th grade
Madisen J. - Thomas Jefferson - 5th grade
Rosalie L. - South Mountain - 3rd grade
3rd - Rowan A. - WAVE - 4th grade
Jimmy P. - Maine - 5th grade
4th - Thomas U. - Marshall - 3rd grade
Maria P. - Riverview - 5th grade
5th - Andrew R. - Rib Mountain - 4th grade
Thank you to all who have continued to support Book Bowl, including coaches, parents, teachers, staff and librarians.
Picture Retake Day
Registration for 4K Started February 1st
- Please remember to send a water bottle daily with your child. The water fountains have been shut off and it is very helpful if your child has their own water bottle.
- Ipads go home daily with the students.
- Please charge them each night and remember to send them back to school with your child the next day.
- Please send an extra mask to school each day so students can change their mask if needed.
- Ensure that you have extra face coverings for your child at home that could be washed or changed out daily.
- Acceptable face coverings: cloth or paper coverings that contain at least two layers and cover the nose and mouth, per CDC guidelines.
- Unacceptable face coverings: face coverings without two layers, face coverings with vents or holes, gaiters, and face shields without a mask underneath.
Important Information Regarding Attendance
- Attendance is taken for virtual and in person learning each morning from 8:30 – 9:00 AM.
- Please note if your child is in quarantine they are expected to continue learning from home. Your child’s teacher is the contact for your child’s at home learning lessons.
- If a child is unable to participate virtually because they are too sick, a parent or guardian must call school 715-261-0175 or email firstname.lastname@example.org each day.
- If we do not receive a phone call or email, the office will be contacting you to find out the reason for the absence.