At the Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics
What is Nordic Combined
Nordic Combined is a sport that combines Ski Jumping and Cross Country Skiing. It is broken up into two parts. The first part is jumping with skis from a medium or large sized hill and the second part is a ten km race. In the ski jumping part points are scored by style and distance. In the ski race part judge speed. They're two types of races single race also known as the Gundersen Race and team races. They are practically the same except the team race has four people on a single team.
- Nordic Combined developed in Norway where Norwegian soldiers competed In Nordic Skiing.
- The first major Nordic Combined competition was held in Oslo in 1892.
- Nordic Combined has been at the Winter Olympics since the first one in 1924 in Chamonix, France
- Norway has always presented the top athletes in the sport having 7 bronze, 8 silver, and 11 gold 36 total
- Norwegian athletes has one every single medal in the first 4 Olympics
The US Athletes
- Bill Demong
- Bryan Fletcher
- Taylor Fletcher
- Todd Lodwick
Time of the sport
February 12th 2014 at 1:30am
February 20th 2014 at 12:00am
February 18th 2014 at 1:30am
Nordic combined symbol
The official symbol for Nordic Combined
Ski jumping is the first part of the race and is done from a medium or large sized hills
Cross country ski race
The second part of the race is the Cross Country ski race for 10 km