Lakeview Family Newsletter - September 18
Prefer to read this in a different language? Scroll to the bottom and click "translate".
Supply Pickup - Thank you!
We still have about 30 bags left in the office. You will need those for class right away, so please come to the office on Monday between 8-3.
Donations - thank you!
For the 2nd year in a row, Trinity Lutheran has purchased backpacks and filled them with supplies from our school supply list. In addition, they provided many other supplies (see picture below of Pastor Denise and Principal Sepersky with the donation). Last year, Trinity and Lakeview also established a "reading buddies" program where volunteers came and read to students. We are hoping to restart that again in a virtual format.
The KC's Ladies Auxiliary donated school supplies (notebooks, paper, writing tools, etc.) and we are grateful for their annual support!
Technology Problem Solving Tips
• Close all other tabs that are not needed for class. Having other tabs (Youtube, streaming games or videos) open hurts performance. This is almost always the solution.
• Unplug headphones. If your child has a set of headphones with a microphone, sometimes those microphones are not the best quality. Your computer's built-in mic and speakers might be better.
• Move closer to your internet router. Also, if your router offers multiple networks (for example, Spectrum usually has a 2G and a 5G option), try switching between them.
• Switch off other devices in your home. Internet TV's and other devices use bandwidth. Make sure they are off when not in use so your child's device can function better.
• If all else fails, click "My Chromebook is broken" on the Lakeview website and we will work with you to replace.
• Link to PTO Facebook - make sure to "like" us!
• PTO leadership and email address
• PTO Meeting minutes
The next PTO meeting will be Thursday, October 15th at 7:00 p.m. and they are usually on the 3rd Thursday of each month. Please mark your calendars!
Conferences ... an update
1st & 2nd grade families only
Each year, the state of Wisconsin requires an early literacy assessment. The test South Milwaukee uses is called the "PALS Assessment" and it must be conducted in person. We have daytime and evening options available for you on September 29 and 30 as well as evening options on October 1. Every 1st and 2nd grade student needs to complete the assessment. Our 1st and 2nd grade teachers will continue their regular virtual teaching, but they will know that your child will miss a portion of the virtual school day for this test. The Sign-up Genius forms are separated by daytime and evening. Everyone attending needs to wear a mask and we will ensure safety protocols are met, including time between each appointment for cleaning.
Here is the link to daytime slots on September 29 and 30 at Lakeview
Here is the link to evening slots on September 30 at Lakeview and October 1 at Luther (you can go to E. W. Luther if needed for this).
Launchpad Survey Results
How did you attend the Launchpad Meeting?
Was Sign-up Genius an easy way to manage your own time slot?
7% other comments
Did Launchpad Meetings help you understand our schedule and virtual learning?