Family Link December 2022
Maryland Pubic Schools Strategic Planning Survey
The Maryland State Board of Education and the Maryland State Department of Education (MSDE) are drafting a multi-year strategic plan for the future of Maryland's education system. This work will be the basis of creating transformational change in Maryland’s education system. Complete the survey today at marylandpublicschools./survey
Survey is available in English, Spanish, French, Korean, Vietnamese, Urdu, Arabic, and Chinese
Dates to Remember
Dr. Bedell's Listening and Learning Tour Sessions
All sessions (except Tyler Heights and Brock Bridge) run 6 to 8pm, with Dr. Bedell's remarks starting at 6:30pm
- Monday, November 28: Annapolis High School
- Monday, December 5: Meade High School
- Tuesday, December 6: Northeast High School
- Tuesday, December 13: Old Mill High School
- Thursday, December 15: Broadneck High School
- Monday, December 19: North County High School
- Tuesday, December 20: Chesapeake High School
- Wednesday, December 21: Glen Burnie High School
- Tuesday, January 3: Crofton High School
- Thursday, January 5: Severna Park High School
- Monday, January 9: South River High School
- Tuesday, January 10: Southern High School
- Wednesday, January 11: Arundel High School
*Anyone requiring interpretation services, please call the bilingual facilitator at your student’s school to make arrangements.
Three Sessions Conducted in Spanish
- Thursday, December 8: Park Elementary School
- Friday, December 16: Brock Bridge Elementary School (this session begins at 5:30 p.m.)
- Wednesday, January 4: Tyler Heights Elementary School (this session begins at 5:30 p.m.)
Create a Rich Learning Environment at Home
Enrich your Child's Learning Outside of School
- Make time for meaningful dinner conversations.
- Take trips (They don't have to be expensive; they can be day trips to local historical sites).
- Play games together, including board games, card games, and sports.
- Enjoy music together.
- Read together, either reading aloud, sharing the same book, or all reading your own book in the same room.
These activities enrich your child's learning and contribute to academic success.
Stay Healthy This Winter
Get to know the Big Picture with Opposing Viewpoints @ Your Library
This database provides articles and information on current events and social issues, including background, opposing views, and critical thinking questions. Available online with your Anne Arundel County Public Library card.