The Westside Wonder
Westside Parent Newsletter
October 19, 2020
Westside teachers will meet the needs of each individual in a student-centered classroom by:
Encouraging a growth mindset
Maintaining high expectations through a hands-on, engaging rigorous curriculum for ALL students
Providing a safe, positive, and loving environment
Creating independent thinkers
Instruction at Westside!
- Remember! The car rider line is a cell phone free zone!
- When you drop your children off in the morning please make sure you are pulling all the way up to the car in front of you! Since you are screening your children at home you may give us a thumbs up and then your child may exit the car. They do not have to wait for a staff member to open the door for them! Hopefully, this will speed up our drop off. Car rider drop if will begin at 7:25.
- Instruction begins at 7:40 and the tardy bell rings at 7:50. If you arrive past 7:50 please walk your child to the doors so you can sign them into the office.
- 3-5 parents, your child is provided with 3 masks by the district! We are noticing that some bus riders are forgetting to bring their masks each day! Please remind your child to bring a mask for bus riders!
- Parents will be able to come eat lunch with their child at our outdoor picnic area.
- Please head over to our website to sign up for E-Notes. This will allow you to receive the weekly parent newsletter by email.
Parent Teacher Conferences
October 16-23 - ACT Aspire Interim Testing for 3-5
October 20-End of 1st 9 weeks
October 22- Flu Shot Clinic
October 26-29- Red Ribbon Week
October 29- Spirit Day
October 30-Teacher PD/Blended Learning Day
A Note from Nurse Gina
Last week, we started our unit for Red Ribbon Week. We will be learning about the dangers of drugs, peer pressure and “our why” to stay drug free. The following link will give you activities and discussion tips you can use with your student.
I also wanted to share another resource about internet safety.
Let me know how I can support you and your child,
District Point of Contact
Word of the Month
Assistant Principal: Caroline Baker
Counselor: Cassie Page
Secretary: Donna Bradke