Hemmenway Elementary - March 2022 Edition
A Note From the Principal
March is here and spring break is right around the corner!! Can you believe it!? This spring semester sure is flying by, but we are enjoying every minute of it. We have lots of great events planned this semester for your students, for you to be involved in, and to ensure this year is memorable. Thank you for always supporting our campus and the success of both our students and staff. We cannot do it without you!
Save the Dates
- March 1-31st - March Madness - A Month of Dress Up Fun (see calendar below)
- Tuesday, March 1st - Fundraiser Kick-Off
- Wednesday, March 2nd - Spring Pictures
- Tuesday, March 8th - Parent University (5-7 p.m.)
- Wednesday, March 9th - Kinder and 5th Grade Field Day
- Thursday, March 10th - 1st and 4th Grade Field Day
- Friday, March 11th - 2nd & 3rd Grade Field Day
- March 14-18 - Spring Break
- Friday, March 25th - End of 3rd 9 Weeks
Save the Date - Saturday, April 2nd (10-1 p.m.)
Dear CFISD Community,
I invite you all to join me for the ninth annual Superintendent’s Fun Run on April 9, 2022! Registration for the highly anticipated community event, which features a 5K run and 1-mile family-friendly course, a fun-filled kids zone, student performances, vendors, and food trucks is now open. The event will take place at the Berry Center, with the 5K winding through Towne Lake and Lone Star College—CyFair, and the 1-mile course will take participants through Cy-Fair FCU Stadium.
Proceeds from the Superintendent’s Fun Run benefit the Cy-Fair Educational Foundation (CFEF), which awards student scholarships and staff development grants, directly benefitting our CFISD community. Because of the generosity of our parents, students, staff, business partners, and community members, we have contributed more than $635,000 to the CFEF in the last eight years, and I hope you will join us for another successful event!
Please enjoy this brief video and encourage your friends, family and colleagues to register!
Sign up as a Hemmenway parent or student to show your support!