The Franconia Falcon Flyer
Special Edition - Home & School February Meeting Agenda
Due to the school closures on 2/12/19 and inclement weather, the H&S meeting was cancelled. Here is a copy of the agenda for the evening.
Franconia Home and School Meeting Agenda
February 12, 2019
President: Maureen Yothers
Vice President: Bobbi Moyer
Treasurer: Stephanie Parente
Secretary: Stefanie Peterson
New Business: Maureen Yothers
- Playground Updates: Single blue slide has been received and will be installed when weather permits.
- Interested in joining H&S? There are a few Committee Openings:
- Yearbook Co-Chair needed next year, then Chair in 2020/2021
- Book Fair Co-Chair
- NEW for 2019/2020: "Know & Glow" family trivia night. Anyone interested in joining this committee please reach out to Maureen at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Do you have a Cricut Machine? We need your help with a few ideas for Open House!! Please reach out to email@example.com if you're able to donate some time and supplies.
- THANK YOU!!! To everyone who helped/volunteered/donated for Staff Appreciation Week and to our Dad’s night volunteers!
Treasurer’s Report: Stephanie Parente
- Book Fair: Shawna Boell - B1G1 Book Fair and Open House will now be on April 15th
- Fifth Grade Promotion: Kim Dommel - Our next meeting will be held on Wednesday, February 27th at 7pm in the Franconia Elementary library. Please come out if you are able to you can be a part of your child's promotion. It's a lot of fun and we there are plenty of things to do that can fit everyone's schedule. A volunteer is still needed to help with invitations (coincides with the Theme) and a lead 4thGrade parent to coordinate volunteers for the evening.
- Fundraising: Maureen Yothers - WaWa coupon sales are set for March 11th and coupons will be first come, first serve as a re-order will not be made this school year.
- Giant A+ Rewards Program: Leah Hetherington - We have currently earned $2,514.84
- Indian Valley Ed Foundation: Kim Dommel - Greenhouse at the high school (private donor) to be used to grow lettuce and other plants with an Aquaponic system with the help of Evergreen Farms LLC in Harleysville the Greenhouse will be used for science classes, incorporated into cafeteria food for students, autistic support, learning support and as fundraisers for certain clubs. (Hoping to break ground in early March pending township approval)
- Spring Mixed Bag fundraiser in April
- Seeking financial support or donations for the EMC playground
- Planning phases for a Summer Lunch Program
- Lip Sync Night: Monica Jalboot & Lynne Solly - The Lip Sync was a huge success. Approximately 600 people were in attendance (including participants and volunteers for 36 acts)! Thank you to everyone that made the night such a huge success - especially those that worked on the 5th grade and parent acts. We heard many people say that early January was a tough time to have the Lip Sync with rehearsals needing to take place around the holidays. We are looking to have the event sometime in February or early March, but a date has not yet been set. We are also looking to move the event back to Indian Crest for 2020 since the auditorium has been repaired from the electrical fire.
- Mommy Market: Sandy Weber Johnson - March 16th, 9am – 12pm here at Franconia. Registrations: Sold 23 tables and have another 9 people interested in 14 tables. Advertising: Let me know if anyone is interested in having the sign out in front of their home or business. Feel free to help post flyers. Posted at: Just Children, All My Children, YMCA, Landis Telford, Library, Boys and Girls Club Flyer: were sent home in communicators. I need to work with Mr. Derstine to make sure we have enough tables or arrange to borrow some. I also need to see how many will fit in the café. We can use the gym if we sell out the café. I need to find out what the max number of tables we can get/fit. Bake Sale: I have created a bake sale item sign up. https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30E0F48A4AC2CA7FB6-franconia. Support crew: I have created sign up for the support crew (set up, clean up, bake sale table, check-in table, etc). https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30E0F48A4AC2CA7FB6-franconia1. Registrations are due by March 15th.
- Pretzel Day: Kelli Adams - The next pretzel day is March 1st
- Yearbook: Kelli Adams - Co-Chair (or 2) are NEEDED – assigned per-page break-out The yearbook committee is scheduled to meet on Wednesday, February 20th at 7:00 PM. Volunteers have been contacted via email. If you have interest in helping and did not receive notice, please reach out to Kelli Adams, firstname.lastname@example.org. PDA’s are on sale NOW. It’s $5 a rectangle with a maximum of 4 rectangles per student for inclusion in the back of this year’s book! Sales will begin in early March, but pre-sales are available now online as indicated in the weekly S’more. Please continue to submit your photos! We will be wrapping up the book for printing in the first week of April, so now is the time to get them into google docs if you haven’t submitted pictures to date!