Kristen C, Rachael B, Sterling W, Jordan U, Chandler G
An Example of Disconfirming Behavior
- A disconfirming message expresses a lack of caring or respect towards the person and /or what the person has to say.
- Here, in a clip from a Family Guy episode, Lois ignores Stewie, showing she doesn’t care what he wants (in this moment).
An example of Deceptive Behavior (prosocial deception)
- A clip from the infamous, Mean Girls movie. Prosocial deception is designed to benefit the person lied to or lied about.
someone using an inference
- An inferential statement is a statement that you make on the basis of what you observe plus your own conclusions.
- In this commercial the wife is inferring that her husband is on the phone with another woman, possibly cheating, because she is observing him on the phone late at night asking "if it matters that he is married" and she then concludes it must be a woman he is talking to.
8 Physical Effects Caused by Emotion
2. Hypertension/ Cardiovascular disease: Caused from poorly managed or repressed anger.
3. Better Sleep/ Fewer Colds: physical effects caused by positive emotions such as playfulness, gratitude, awe, love.
4. Increased mental, emotional, and physical health: the emotion of forgiveness. It lowers our blood pressure and improve cardiovascular health.
5. Better Immune function: also caused by the forgiveness of emotion.
6. Chest Pain: caused by anxiety, increases blood pressures.
7. Headaches: can be caused by a slew of emotions causing us to take care of our bodies badly or not up to par.
8. Sweating: emotions of nervousness and anxiety can cause your body to excessively perspire.
Someone Who is Tone Deaf
In this clip Stanley (only the first 30 seconds) is portrayed as someone who is emotionally tone deaf so he can not listen empathetically. Being tone deaf Stanley does not pick up on the verbal ques from his co-workers and often responds with a grunt because he does not care or with a short, concise and somewhat rude response.