The Rigsby Reader 4.27.15
Updates from Room 311
- Dry Erase Markers!!
- Paper Towels
- White Envelopes (normal size)
- Snacks (Very Low!)
Dates to Remember:
- Monday, April 27-May 5 MAP Testing
- Friday, May 1 EBOB Competition
- Wednesday, May 6 Walk to School Day
- Thursday, May 7 Interim Reports Go Home
- Tuesday, May 12 Field Day!
Are you following our classroom twitter? @mrskarenrigsby
What We Are Learning
- Reading- We are focusing on finding the Theme of a fiction passage for the next few weeks.
- Math- This week we are continuing with Decimals. Students will be adding, subtracting and comparing decimals.
- Writing- Students continue to finalize their NC Books, and work on their 4th Grade Trip Memory Books.
Science: We are starting our Magnet Unit this week! ACS 4th grade Teachers received a grant to develop a 'Forces and Motion' Kit with the NC Science House team. We will have these wonderful science experiment materials for a month!
Sharing Raleigh Photos
Mrs. Grimes has created a google drive folder so students and parents can share their pictures with everyone in our class. This will allow students who did not have cameras to see pictures and parents who were not able to attend to see pictures from the trip. Simply click on the link below and add pictures to the folder or view pictures to see the fun we had. The easiest way to upload pictures from a phone is to download the free google drive app and then click on the link. This should allow google drive to connect to your camera. Happy viewing and sharing!
A Huge Thank You to our Wonderful Raleigh Chaperones! - Ms. McHargue, Mrs. Pippinger-Clark, Mrs. Gillmon, & Mrs. Wells
Finding Mrs. Rigsby
If your child has a change in how they are going home- please send a note with your child or call the classroom and leave a message. I try to check my email often- but once I'm teaching, I don't stop! Please let me know how I can help your student be successful.