World religions project
Christianity, Buddhism, Hinduism, Judaism, and Islam
Hindus believe that the universe undergoes endless cycles of creation, preservation and dissolution. They believe in a spiritually awakened , satguru, who has personal discipline, good conduct, purification, pilgrimage, self-inquiry and meditation. Hindus believe that all life is sacred, to be loved and revered, and therefore practice ahimsa, "noninjury." About 20 million Hindus live outside India. All the rest live in India, where the religion was born. Hinduism derives from Indian tribes around 3000 B.C. Hinduism rituals cover eating, sleeping, and working as well as love, marriage, and friendship. Hinduism is monotheistic.
- Faith or belief in the Oneness of God and the finality of the prophethood of Muhammad;
- Establishment of the daily prayers;
- Concern for and almsgiving to the needy;
- Self-purification through fasting; and
- The pilgrimage to Makkah for those who are able.