SPS Board Highlights
Nov. 2, 2020
During her board report, Dr. April Grace made the following announcements:
- The SHS Football Hall of Fame and makeup senior recognitions will be at this Friday’s home football game vs. Bishop Kelley. Senior recognition will be at 6:30, and Hall of Fame recognitions will be during halftime.
- SHS junior Destin Rogers won the high school RBG essay contest sponsored by Shawnee artist LeAnne Henry Wright. Several other Shawnee Public Schools students were also named as finalists. They will be honored during a luncheon and ceremony on Tuesday.
- The State Cross Country meet was rescheduled for this Wednesday at Edmond Santa Fe. Three Shawnee runners qualified for the state meet: Andrew Shepard, Michael Pearne, and Kailey Henry.
- The SHS swim team will compete in the Jenks All-State Preview Meet this Saturday at noon. The preview meet features the top 6 6A swim teams in the state. This is the first year that the Wolves have been invited.
The Board took the following actions during the meeting:
- approved all consent docket items
- approved a purchase agreement with Oklahoma LED in the amount of $759,286.25 for the purchase and installation of LED lighting. The board then voted to enter into a lease purchase contract with Vision Bank of Shawnee to finance the LED lighting.
- approved all personnel items as presented without going into an executive session.
Board Agendas Available Via Public Link
Current Shawnee Public Schools Board of Education meeting agendas and minutes are available at our public link. Board meetings are usually scheduled for the first Monday of each month at 6 p.m. in the Board Room located at the SPS Central Office, 326 N. Union.