Why Try Curriculum Training
Gear Up For Why Try!
School counselors serve a vital role in maximizing student success through culturally relevant prevention and intervention programs. Student Services has purchased Why Try Curriculum in an effort to assist you in developing and delivering developmentally appropriate services for ALL students. It is our hope that this new resources will allow for more collaboration, creativity and program planning to support student achievement.
Training Day Information
Monday, Sep. 28th, 8am-4pm
Bishop Spaugh Professional Development Center @ 1901 Herbert Spaugh Lane
Be Sure To Register
Please sign up for ONE course in myTalent. There are two sections to choose from
Course One: September 28th (Cafeteria)
Course Two: September 29th (Auditorium)
Course openings are on a first come first serve basis. Please select the date that works best for you. The class will be capped at 45 attendees. I encourage you to register as soon as possible to get your preferred date. There is not waiting list for this course. All middle school counselors are expected to attend. These dates were sent to you on 8/27/15. Should you have a concern regarding attendance, please contact Terri Smith immediately.
Directions to register in MyTalent:
1. From the Internet CMS home page type cms.truenorthlogic.com (not www).
2. Enter your user name and password.
User Name: Is your CMS e-mail user name. Example: lisa.newman
Password: cm$ and the last 5 numbers of your Social Security number.
Example: CM$22222 ($ =dollar sign)
3. Once you are logged in, click on the Professional Learning tab at the top of the tool bar.
4. In the Search channel, type the course number in the search field and click enter OR click advanced search and enter the section number. **IMPORTANT NOTE: Do not register from the first screen unless you use the arrows to scroll to locate your section or follow step 5 to select the correct section.
5. After you have located your course, click on it and then Sections (view all) tab on the left.
6. Select your section. Click Register.7. Your course should appear on your “My Learning Opportunities” screen. You will receive a confirmation that you are registered.