What is a Google Site?
- 2nd Grade Teacher Portfolio: https://sites.google.com/tcsnc.org/kristiclark/home?authuser=0
- 4th Grade Teacher: https://sites.google.com/tcsnc.org/sabrinarhodes/home
- Digital Media Teacher: https://sites.google.com/tcsnc.org/kronneburger/about-me
- Lesson on WW2 Propaganda: https://sites.google.com/tcsnc.org/wwii-propaganda/home?authuser=0
- Book Club: https://sites.google.com/beaverton.k12.or.us/sunsetreads
- AP Biology: https://sites.google.com/yarmouthschools.org/apbiology-wooten
Site about Google Sites (tutorial videos): https://sites.google.com/tomorrowslearners.com/goingdigital/home?authuser=0
Applications for Teachers
- Class webpage for course materials
- Post homework assignments, class events
- Discussion board
- Post announcements, class events, classroom rules
- Insert Google Drive folders share documents with students
- Same Google Sharing settings, option to make private and only hare resources with parents or co-workers.
Applications for Students
- Digital eportfolio to feature work and achievements
- Create and manage assignments and classroom activities
- Collaborate on group projects
- Present research findings as an alternative to traditional report
- Contribute to knowledge building inside the classroom
What do you want your site to look like?
Extra Good Stuff
- Flubaroo (self-grading quizzes using Google Forms): http://www.flubaroo.com/