Join Us For Our Annual Halloween Parade
Our Bears will only circle the tennis courts once so feel free to move down to the end of the parade after you've seen your child so our Bears see spectators along the whole parade route.
Parade times are as follows:
- 11:00 AM for PreK-AM, Kindergarten - AM, and all other grades
- 1:00 PM for PreK-PM, Kindergarten - PM
PLEASE NOTE: Access to the parking lot will be closed at 10:45 am and again at 12:45 pm.
Celebrate Halloween at the Halloween Hoot
Join us for trunk or treating and ghoulish fun at our annual Halloween Hoot on Friday, October 29th. Due to COVID restrictions this is a fully outdoor event. Bring your BGS student in their Halloween costume to enjoy some free trunk or treating thanks to all our wonderful volunteers. This event is weather dependent. Should we experience heavy rain, an eblast will be sent out informing you of its cancellation.
Attendance times are as follows:
- Pre-K, Kindergarten, 1st Grade: 6:00 pm to 6:45 pm
- 2nd, 3rd, 4th Grade: 7:00 pm - 7:45 pm
This event is for BGS students only - please no siblings from other schools.
Fall Spirit Wear Sale Begins
You asked, we delivered! Our new Fall Spiritwear sale is now live. Orders can be placed via PtBoard. Act fast as this sale will only be open for two weeks! Sale closes on Nov 5th.
Please note this is pre-order sale. All items will need time to be produced by our vendor once the sale closes. We hope to have all orders out around Thanksgiving break.
NEW THIS YEAR: FLOCKING!
Send the flock to someone on their birthday, to celebrate a milestone, as a pick me up, or just for fun! You can send the flock to anyone who lives within the BGS attendance area. All flocking is anonymous! A $5 donation allows the recipient to find out who sent the flock their way.
Want to make sure you aren't flocked? No problem! For a $10 donation you can purchase Flocking Insurance. If someone tries to flock you at any point during the school year, the flamingos will go to them instead!
The flock begins flying on November 1st but you can begin signing up now and reserve the flock for your desired date. To sign up to send a flock, find out who flocked you, or purchase flocking insurance, just click here!
For any questions, please contact our flock wrangler Lindsay Rath at firstname.lastname@example.org
In Case You Missed It
- Become a PTO member. Purchase a membership in PtBaord to help fund school improvements (PTO membership funds were used in past years to repair the sound system in the gym, purchase a Gaga Pit for the playground, and install water filling stations)
- Pay your class dues in PtBoard . Class dues are different from PTO membership and go straight to class parents to purchase 3 gifts for your teacher(s) and to offset costs of supplemental party supplies.
- Sign up to decorate your trunk for the Halloween Hoot. It's not too late to sign up to help make our Bears' night extra special. Sign up in PtBoard to host a trunk an give out treats to our trunk or treaters.
Dates to Remember
Oct 26 - 7:30 PM - BOE Meeting
Oct. 29 - 11:00 AM/1 Pm - Halloween Parade (see above for details)
Oct 29 - 6 PM/& 7 PM - Halloween Hoot Trunk or Treat (see above for details)
Nov. 4 - No School
Nov 5 - No School
Nov 11 & 12 - 1/2 Day of School & Virtual Parent-Teacher Conferences
Nov 15 & 16- 1/2 Day of School & Virtual Parent-Teacher Conferences