Jonatan Flores Ana Aguirre
2. What was their job?
3. What are their greatest achievements in life?
~ An Essay Concerning Human Understanding
- Which is about the theories of ideas and knowledge.
- It was published in December 1689.
~The Two Treatises of Civil Government
- This is about the rights of individuals and an answer to the political problems in England.
- It gave the United States some of their ideas for their constitution.
- It also lead to the modern ideas of democracy.
- This piece was published in February 1690.
4. what are their political thoughts and belief ?
Locke's political theory was founded on social contract theory. Unlike Thomas Hobbes, Locke believed that human nature is characterized by reason and tolerance. Like Hobbes, Locke believed that human nature allowed people to be selfish. This is apparent with the introduction of currency. In a natural state all people were equal and independent, and everyone had a natural right to defend his "Life, health, Liberty, or Possessions".Most scholars trace the phrase "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness," in the American Declaration of Independence, to Locke's theory of rights, though other origins have been suggested.