No Log-in Required
Free Web 2.0 Tools for Technology Integration
DrawSave - DrawSave is an online drawing canvas with limited options. This site might be a better option for those students who are distracted by too many options.
Sketchpad -Sketchpad offers a drawing canvas like Paint that allow options for paint or light.
Sketchpad.io - Similar to Sketchpad, but allows uploading pictures for editing and supports layers
- Document procedures during a science experiment
- Model problem solving using manipulatives in math
- Edit a photograph of a setting to reflect tone in a piece of literature
- Blabberize a picture of a historical figure to explain their contributions to society
- Design a movie poster for a book you've read
- Make a pocket album or photo collage to illustrate a theme or to classify objects
Picfull - allows users to easily add filters to images.
Blabberize - a fun site that allows you to upload an image, cut out a mouth, and add a voice message
Big Huge Labs - TONS of fun things to do with photos...magazine covers, trading cards, motivational posters, and much, much more
ImageChef - Similar to Big Huge Labs. You must have an account to save images, but generated images can be captured with browser extensions like Pixler Grabber or Awesome Screen Shot.
Get Creative with Text
- Create a face Facebook page, tweet, text message, or Siri conversation for a literary character, historical figure, or even scientific principles
- Write a news article, and then format it to look like the front page of a newspaper.
- Use Wordle or Tagxedo to analyze writing or to illustrate related concepts
- Generate signs, notes, graffiti walls, etc. to coincide with key points in a story, important historical or current events.
Class Tools - Create fake Facebook pages and Tweets with Fakebook and Twister.
Add Letters - Add text to signs, newspapers, and images.
Your Good News - Generate the front page of a newspaper
iFaketext - Add messages to generate a picture of a fake iphone texting conversation
iFakesiri - Similar to iFake text, only for Siri
Wigflip - Generate speech bubbles, post-its, and more
Wordle - Create and customize word clouds
Tagxedo - Similar to Wordle, but with more customization and download options
I've also included sources of audio files that can be downloaded and used in student projects.
Soundcloud by Gareth Webb
FooPlot - graph points, function, polar equations and parametric equations
Pictographs - make your own pictograph
Solvr - collaborative problem solving tool
Weird Converter - conversions based on non-standard units of measure. WARNING!! - Some of the weird units are not appropriate for the classroom! Great tool for you to generate silly conversions to work on estimation and conversion.
Illuminations Activities - 108 online activities you can search by grade band; skills are listed to find appropriate activities from NCTM
Charts and Diagrams
MapMaker Interactive - Similar to Mapmaker, from National Geographic (Flash based)
Pie Color - Create pie charts
Creately - Collaborate with others or work individually to create diagrams. Use the share link or a screenshot to preserve work without a log-in.
Diagrammr - Generate diagrams from sentences
Timelinr - Add events to create a timeline
Chartle - Create many types of charts and graphs online