Working 9 to 9 is no way to make a living
- Unnecessary hours at work
- Losing sleep to finish work projects of finish tasks
- Obsession with work related success
- Use of work to avoid relationships or life crises like death, divorce, or financial trouble
- Defensive towards others about this behavior
- Financial, family and social pressures
- Fear of losing a job
- Competition in the labor market
- The need to achieve a desired level success
- High levels of personal work efficiency
- Lack of personal affection
- Under pressure to perform and outperform
- Self-projected and self-imposed image
- Guilty feelings in their mind that they need to do more
Treatment will not be the same for a work addict as it would be for a drug addict. It might requite an inpatient or outpatient addiction rehabilitation program to manage the behavior. Another option would be a 12 step recovery program such as Worker Addicts Anonymous.
- Some work addicts have had Obsessive compulsive disorder (in some cases this is where the work addiction comes from) !
- There are three types of work addictions compulsive worker, binge worker, closet worker, work anorexic
- They have multiple addictions that can go along with being a work addict. They can be money, food, and relationships.