Pioneer Community Update 8/14
Student Chromes will be coming home with Hybrid Students Starting 8/17
P.E. and Music Procedures while the weather is nice
Welcome our DCSD School Nurse Consultant
Welcome back! My name is Becky Fuller and I am the DCSD School Nurse Consultant at Pioneer. As we all know this year is looking very different from years past and we are all trying to adjust to the changes as best we can! Our goal as always is to keep our students healthy and safe so they can learn! I wanted to touch on a few important points for the year ahead.
- It's so important to keep your student home when you feel they may be ill. Here is some guidance on when to keep your student home:
- If they have a fever greater than 100.0 they should not be at school and need to remain fever free for 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medication.
- If your student has any symptoms of illness such as cold/flu/gastrointestinal symptoms please keep them home for closer monitoring.
- If you have had known contact with an individual who has tested positive for COVID-19 please stay at home, contact your school, and contact your primary care physician for guidance.
- If your student presents in the school health room with a fever greater than 100.0 and/or symptoms of illness they will be sent home. Please ensure that your emergency contacts are up to date. We will call the primary contact first and if we don't make contact within 5 minutes we will move down the emergency contact list. It is extremely important that students presenting ill in school are picked up in a timely manner of approximately 30 minutes from the first call. This is to prevent further exposure of other students and staff to a student who is ill.
School Supply Lists
If you ordered a kit and are doing e-learning, we will be in contact with you soon about arranging pick-up.
Kindergarten families, your class lists are being finalized and your child’s kit will be distributed to their class next week.
We also have two extra kits available per grade on a first come first serve basis (3rd grade is spoken for). If you did not order a kit but would like one now, please email the PTO at email@example.com.
Denver Counseling Solutions is here for you in the midst of this pandemic. We are offering counseling services and resources for our community to help those struggling with fear and anxiety due to the quick and vast shift in our daily routines and lives.
Raise funds the socially-distant way! We are having a spirit "night" with Papa John's that lasts ALL DAY on Thursday, August 27th. A percentage of all sales from us will be donated back to Pioneer! If you turn in the flyer (that will be posted on the event page), or just mention Pioneer, we will get credit. Also, tell them your teacher's name and the class with the most participation will earn free pizza for their amazing teacher! Papa John’s is also now offering a NO-CONTACT delivery option (info posted on event page). Thanks so much for supporting our school!
Our next virtual meeting will be Thursday, August 27th at 5:00. We hope you will join us as we begin the year and support Pioneer during this very different start to the school year. Please email us with any questions. We'll see you soon!